• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reopened dissolved company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reopened dissolved company

All,

Something a bit different.

If a company has been Struck off (Events: "Dissolution (First Gazt)" and "Dissolution (Final)" in 2013 and then "Restored to Index" this month) has been reopened (not sure of the term) what kind of money would you be looking at for doing this?

I know a solicitor has been involved (who arent cheap) and a AC92 document ("Order of Court to Restore to the Register of Companies") has been completed.

The company was struck off for not filing annual returns back in 2012/2013.

Thanks
    GE

A Hundred Million Pounds!

Muhahaha-Muhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      A Hundred Million Pounds!

Muhahaha-Muhahahaha!
      At least post the meme you noob!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
        what kind of money would you be looking at for doing this?
        £600 + VAT - Crichtons Company Restorations
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

All,

If a company has been Struck off (Events: "Dissolution (First Gazt)" and "Dissolution (Final)" in 2013 and then "Restored to Index" this month) has been reopened (not sure of the term) what kind of money would you be looking at for doing this?

I know a solicitor has been involved (who arent cheap) and a AC92 document ("Order of Court to Restore to the Register of Companies") has been completed.

Thanks
          GE
          Isn't it cheaper for you to incorporate a new company?

Comment

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
            Isn't it cheaper for you to incorporate a new company?
            It depends how much money they lost to the Treasury Solicitor because they didn't clear out the bank account first

Comment

Sounds like he's wondering who might have the sort of money to restore his old company.

Wonder if, as well as forgetting to file the company return, he's forgotten to file company tax returns?

Comment

I have nothing to do with the company, not a director or shareholder etc. I was keeping an eye on them thats all.

The company provides "rail transport services on a preserved railway" and had assets of a few (non-mainline) locos. They didnt file their annual returns so the company was shutdown.

Correct me if I'm wrong but those assets are now owned by the Crown?
                Who owns what now?

GE

Comment

I have nothing to do with the company, not a director or shareholder etc. I was keeping an eye on them thats all.

The company provides "rail transport services on a preserved railway" and had assets of a few (non-mainline) locos. They didnt file their annual returns so the company was shutdown.

Correct me if I'm wrong but those assets are now owned by the Crown?
                  Who owns what now?

GE
                  The assets have been declared bona vacantia. Look it up and then google Treasury Solicitor to see how ownerless property is treated following a company dissolution.

Comment

All,

Thanks
                    GE
                    Happened to me a couple of years ago when I moved house but forgot to shift registered address. Took me about three months to sort out, but I didn't need a solicitor, did it all myself. Cost me a few hundred quid in fees to the Treasury Solicitor that's about it. Got company administratively restored, got bank account back, got the Bona Vacantia funds back no problem. Treasury solicitors office were really helpful too.

Comment

Working...
                    X