• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency request for NI number - for a report going to HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Even though the banks and insurance companies chose to call us Self Employed when they apply their internal rules.

It's true that in reality it's a pedantic point that we aren't self employed in a traditional sense, but as far as a lot of people are concerned we are.

Of course HMRC prefer to blur the lines too when they can.
    Do they?

On insurance applications I choose Company Director. Same for credit card applications / bank account applications (although it's been a while since I moved bank or card, so it's not like I'm regularly asked).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I guess so but when it comes to particular legislation as this it's pretty black and white.... Isn't it?
      Well the question was asked so perhaps not.

ipse for one, for all!

Comment

Working...
      X