• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non payment of invoices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Who pays the fee?
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    With small claims the agency can just go bust or refuse to pay. If they do the latter you will have to take further action to get the money out of them.

With a debt collector they will tell you if they can get the money out of the the agency so you won't be chasing a debt that won't be paid. They don't get paid recovery costs if they can't get the debt money out of them.

You can add "reasonable" debt recovery costs on to the amount as long as like in small claims cases you warn the agency they will be charged for debt recovery in all your correspondence with them.
    If we can recover the "reasonable" costs from the debtor in addition to the principal sum then the debtor pays our fees and the creditor receives payment in full.

If we only recover the principal sum we ask the client if they want us to continue to pursue the costs, but we aren't going to obligate our client to take legal action to recover a smaller sum if they do not wish to do so. So in those cases the creditor pays our fee.

If we don't recover we don't charge Nice and simple.

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Just so you know (from companycheck.co.uk today)..

SAFE COLLECTIONS LIMITED
    Registered Address: Centurion House, Leyland Business Park, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 3GR

Cash £11,361
    Net Worth £-23,461
    Assets £34,629
    Liabilities £62,928
    That's us. Always good to see folks make use of the vast amounts of company data available
    The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
      Just so you know (from companycheck.co.uk today)..

SAFE COLLECTIONS LIMITED
      Registered Address: Centurion House, Leyland Business Park, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 3GR

Cash £11,361
      Net Worth £-23,461
      Assets £34,629
      Liabilities £62,928
      They spent the money on Dunning training courses...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's all those late payments. Bloody contractors

Comment

Busted...
          The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've sent a demand letter to them pointing out I'll start charging interest and adding a debt collection fee and I've heard back from them stating that the payment will be processed on the next invoice run, which is mid-next month. I guess if this doesn't happen then I'll be contacting the debt collection team.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSic View Post
              Thanks for the replies. I've sent a demand letter to them pointing out I'll start charging interest and adding a debt collection fee and I've heard back from them stating that the payment will be processed on the next invoice run, which is mid-next month. I guess if this doesn't happen then I'll be contacting the debt collection team.

Thanks,
              You can still invoice for the interest. Say you will waive it if the original debt is settled within N days.

Comment

Working...
              X