• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End Client not signing time sheets-options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What everyone else said. Invoice normally follow the process and dont get into an argument. PRocess through claims if needs be.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Ok, are you an Ipse member

https://www.ipse.co.uk/member-benefits
      Does any use Ipse?

any feedback

Comment

Originally posted by iptuser View Post
        thanks for the replies- how strong is the last comment. I`ve read that the opt out must be in place before any introduction - is this correct? If so every "opt out" request is not valid since most agencies state it after an interview, contract etc
        The wording of the legislation is ambiguous:

provided that such notice is given before the introduction or supply of the work-seeker
        Agents read "introduction" as "introduction into the workplace" rather than "we have introduced you to the contractor, and now you can reasonably identify them".

Without a legal precedent, we don't have that clarity. Also, if you look at BIS vs CNL, part of that case hinged on the agency saying "ah, we aren't an employment business (even though the contract says we are an employment business!), and therefore we aren't bound by the regulations so there is nothing to opt out of".

I'd get the invoice in. I'd get the facts together so that you can argue it. And then if you still don't get paid then either file a small claims court case against the agency or speak to a professional about it.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by iptuser View Post
          Does any use Ipse?

any feedback
          They get give you a legal opinion on that piece of legislation through their legal helpline, but to be honest last time I got a legal opinion through them for something on it it was what I thought already.

Basically it's as Faqqer says - that law is ambiguous, so anything involving that law is open to interpretation until a judge rules on your particular case.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X