• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

question about PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about PAYE

Hi All,

My accountant setup my LTD CO in november 2013, we have been trading since then. He said at time he would take care of PAYE, I have been withdrawing maximum salary from company, tax efficient

As im not an accountant, I realised today when reading about PAYE. I havent paid any?

I'm the director and only employee, any advice?
    Last edited by mlc2009; 18 March 2015, 03:35.

Depends on the level of salary taken. If you have a tax efficient salary there may be no PAYE payable on what you have paid yourself.

It's difficult to say for sure without a lot more detail. Your accountant should have provided you with details of the salary and PAYE payable for you to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny@MyAccountantFriend View Post
      Depends on the level of salary taken. If you have a tax efficient salary there may be no PAYE payable on what you have paid yourself.

It's difficult to say for sure without a lot more detail. Your accountant should have provided you with details of the salary and PAYE payable for you to check.
      well he seems like a good accountant, but maybe im panicking over nothing

the salary was £662 monthly, from my LTD company. He never mentioned anything about PAYE

Comment

That salary would be below your personal tax free allowance of £10,000 and also below the NI threshold as such no PAYE or NIC would be payable, provided your on a standard tax code of 1000L.

Comment

That salary would be below your personal tax free allowance of £10,000 and also below the NI threshold as such no PAYE or NIC would be payable, provided your on a standard tax code of 1000L.
          my tax code is 989L, my personal allowance is £10600 from this year..

so yeah, seems hes right after all

on the letter I got, it says outstanding debt restriction of -702, because I owe 140.40 arreas of class 2 NI contributions, strange as I never got that letter, typical HMRC

Comment

Class 2 NIC implies your registered as self employed as opposed to being a director of a Ltd company.

Have you been self employed before or continue to be self employed now as the rules are changing around class 2 NIC and it will now be paid via self assessment as opposed to by direct debit for the 2015/16 tax year.

If you haven't or are no longer self employed a quick call to HMRC should fix this with them updating your records accordingly.

Comment

Class 2 NIC implies your registered as self employed as opposed to being a director of a Ltd company.

Have you been self employed before or continue to be self employed now as the rules are changing around class 2 NIC and it will now be paid via self assessment as opposed to by direct debit for the 2015/16 tax year.

If you haven't or are no longer self employed a quick call to HMRC should fix this with them updating your records accordingly.
              Yes, I was self employed beforehand. I will call them and let them know

Comment

If you let them know what day you ceased to be self employed they should backdate their records accordingly.

You will need you NI number or UTR when u call them to access your records.

Comment

If you let them know what day you ceased to be self employed they should backdate their records accordingly.

You will need you NI number or UTR when u call them to access your records.
                  many thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by mlc2009 View Post
                    If so, this is an outrage that someone can let this happen.
                    To offer another perspective, it's something of an "outrage" that someone can run a company without knowing the very basics. I suggest you do a lot more reading (see right ---->), because it's ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your company is meeting its legal and tax obligations.

Comment

Working...
                    X