• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reckless View Post
    It looks like we might have to fund a war chest then, so that George can go in to battle and slay the dragon.
    +1

Sounds like yet more HMRC delay tactics, and know how that usually works out!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      CCW have advised on what we need to do next if HMRC drag their heels or refuse to engage.

Can't say any more at the moment because I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.
      I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that bomb lands in their lap

Comment

So that leaves about 2000 people whose cases are still under appeal. NTRT currently has about 450 members.

In other words there are 1500 people out there who haven't joined NTRT

I wonder what's holding them back from joining?
        Good point... Do they know that NTRT exists?

I only joined 3 years ago when I accidentally found the site through Contractor UK.

Grip.

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
          Good point... Do they know that NTRT exists?

I only joined 3 years ago when I accidentally found the site through Contractor UK.

Grip.
          The question is, have all MTM users received retro S58 letters from HMRC? I believe not all have, so why?

Comment

Another donation made

Keep up the good work NTRT and team.
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
              I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that bomb lands in their lap
              Cant wait to find out what it is! The anticipation is killing me, in a good way for a change!!

Comment

According to HMRC, around 2500 people in total used the scheme.
                https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-534073

Around 500 people have already settled. This includes the 150 Suo Motu back in 2003.
                https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-546772

So that leaves about 2000 people whose cases are still under appeal. NTRT currently has about 450 members.

In other words there are 1500 people out there who haven't joined NTRT

I wonder what's holding them back from joining?
                Are people who used Sanzar and Edge affected by S58? They seem to have a different group set up to fight it but I thought their schemes were the same. If they are affected wouldn't it make sense to fight it together?

Comment

Originally posted by BS81 View Post
                  Are people who used Sanzar and Edge affected by S58? They seem to have a different group set up to fight it but I thought their schemes were the same. If they are affected wouldn't it make sense to fight it together?
                  Also people who used the K2/Hamilton/Peak Performance scheme have been told APNs are on there way shortly.

Comment

NTRT Donation Sent

Hi Guys,

Sent another donation. Just worked out my owings in case of a loss based on DRs percentages ... makes for depressing reading even for me. I hope the surprise for HMRC is a very good one...

Cheers,
                    J.

Comment

Originally posted by BS81 View Post
                      We have a few Sanzar members. I wasn't aware of a separate Sanzar campaign group dealing with Section 58.

The Sanzar EBT scheme (or any EBT) is a totally different story and not something we have the extra resources to fight.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X