• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter

Read the newsletter and - as is mentioned elsewhere - the irony behind the argument is brilliant in its premise. Without having fully thought through the detail my one concern however is how this line of reasoning is going to affect the current users of the various loan arrangements (appreciate it is not the subject matter for this forum) out there - many of whom, I suspect, transferred across to after the introduction of the 2008 legislation.

Comment

One thing in the letter that I was going to ask about. The summary mentions a previous loss at FTT.

So who went to the FTT and lost previously? And what argument did they base their appeal on?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Please take time to fully digest it.

And be careful discussing it on this forum.
        hahahaha!!! just read it......ooooo thats a wonderful twist. That'll be one large tulip sandwich to go with fries please!

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
          One thing in the letter that I was going to ask about. The summary mentions a previous loss at FTT.

So who went to the FTT and lost previously? And what argument did they base their appeal on?
          I think that was an error in the newsletter. It's easy to get mixed up with all the court cases over the past 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorValiant View Post
            Without having fully thought through the detail my one concern however is how this line of reasoning is going to affect the current users of the various loan arrangements (appreciate it is not the subject matter for this forum) out there - many of whom, I suspect, transferred across to after the introduction of the 2008 legislation.
            Loans are a different kettle of fish. HMRC first has to prove they are income and not loans.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              I think that was an error in the newsletter. It's easy to get mixed up with all the court cases over the past 7 years.
              Ok good...as you say, lots of stuff gone on previously. Fascinating info in the CCW letter...

Comment

Anyone still waiting to join us?
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Anyone still waiting to join us?
                  Ha ha!

Absolutely Santa. Now is the time.

If you are dithering, or are hoping it might all just go away, now is the time to realise that you need to be in NTRT to stand any chance at all.

No To Retrospective Taxation | Campaign Against Retrospective Tax Legislation

Grip.

Comment

Great update well done NTRT.
                    Regarding point 3 I would love for this to go ahead and happy to contribute if its does

Comment

For those of us on Twitter it's probably worth a few tweets aimed at the people that support this retro rubbish.

Leaders debate is live on ITV and using the #leadersdebate

Get stuck in :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X