• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slogger View Post
    Hi - finally managed to get tax refund from hmrc - need to call avoidance unit who put a note on your account - and then call main line (03002003300) who issue it

interestingly they mentioned not to make any payments to them until I received my repayment from hmrc!
    I got mine as well

Comment

Sent a letter to my MP on 20th March requesting a meeting and giving him details of S58 to discuss and just received an email:
      Dear *****

Thank you for your letter dated 20th March 2015.

Normally, I would not hesitate in setting up a meeting or inviting you to one of my surgeries, however, as Parliament has been dissolved pending the General Election on 7th May, I am no longer an MP. I am instead a Parliamentary candidate so am unable to take on cases such as these.

I think the best thing is for you to email me again, providing of course I have been reelected, following the General Election, so that I can give you my new surgery dates and we can discuss this matter further, and take it up with Minister's if necessary.
      Was surprised to receive a reply so soon, my MP is almost 100% certain to get re-elected I will certainly
      get in touch after 8th May!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
        Sent a letter to my MP on 20th March requesting a meeting and giving him details of S58 to discuss and just received an email:
        Dear *****

Thank you for your letter dated 20th March 2015.

Normally, I would not hesitate in setting up a meeting or inviting you to one of my surgeries, however, as Parliament has been dissolved pending the General Election on 7th May, I am no longer an MP. I am instead a Parliamentary candidate so am unable to take on cases such as these.

I think the best thing is for you to email me again, providing of course I have been reelected, following the General Election, so that I can give you my new surgery dates and we can discuss this matter further, and take it up with Minister's if necessary.
        Was surprised to receive a reply so soon, my MP is almost 100% certain to get re-elected I will certainly
        get in touch after 8th May!!

Oh so positive - but no offer to meet to better understand the problem.
        But then, as you inferred, it's a safe seat so your vote doesn't need to be won.

https://zcomm.org/zblogs/a-joke-in-november/

Try again after the election and see how you get on.

Be careful what you wish for.
        Last edited by TAF4; 1 April 2015, 20:24. Reason: To fix the link

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
          https://zcomm.org/zblogs/a-joke-in-november/
          Try again after the election and see how you get on.
          Love the joke. So true.
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            NTRT newsletter being emailed out tomorrow.

You will love this one.

It will make your weekend.

ha ha .... using the old HMRC tactic .. send news in run up to weekend/holiday .. good news antidote to HMRC FUD !

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
              I got mine as well
              I am limited company and as soon as I requested a tax refund I got a brown envelope with a new tax code of K255. Anyone else get this?

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                Love the joke. So true.
                Love your new graphic DotasScandal - very appropriate!

Grip.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                  I got mine as well
                  i didnt get mine - was it paid into your bank or a cheque

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
                    i didnt get mine - was it paid into your bank or a cheque
                    Mine is still "pending security checks" ...

I just sent them an informal message and they responded back saying it was in progress.

Been knocked back several times with the formal online request process.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
                      Mine is still "pending security checks" ...

I just sent them an informal message and they responded back saying it was in progress.

Been knocked back several times with the formal online request process.

Comment

Working...
                      X