• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we have to take cases to the FTT then I don't know exactly how much money we'll need to raise but it's got to be in the £100,000 ballpark.

Personally I'd rather see new members £300 donations fund the bulk of this, rather than having to keep going back to our existing membership many of whom have already donated far in excess of this.

The 11 members who have joined since yesterday are a start.

Comment

Hi guys,
      Long time-lingerer here. Forum has been a lifeline for the wife and I for many years now and I appreciate what you guys have been doing. Thanks to DR and all the others for keeping the fight going and keeping me sane.

Just joined NTRT - should've done it long ago and encourage anyone else pondering to do the same.

Comment

another member on the way

Just spoken to an ex colleague and she is literally signing up right now.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          Just spoken to an ex colleague and she is literally signing up right now.
          Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            If we have to take cases to the FTT then I don't know exactly how much money we'll need to raise but it's got to be in the £100,000 ballpark.

Personally I'd rather see new members £300 donations fund the bulk of this, rather than having to keep going back to our existing membership many of whom have already donated far in excess of this.

I just made another donation. And if there's a further call to arms if funds are needed, count me in.

Comment

Why would NTRT (i.e. us) fund this and not Montpellier - since they have committed to fighting this? Surely they could represent 2 different cases at FTT (or maybe I have missed something)

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                Why would NTRT (i.e. us) fund this and not Montpellier - since they have committed to fighting this? Surely they could represent 2 different cases at FTT (or maybe I have missed something)
                I note your point, and am appreciative of the legal challenges mounted by MontP to date (albeit unsuccessfully), but given that the powers of darkness appear willing to move heaven and earth to nail W.G. personally, it may be better distancing ourselves from MontP on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                  Montpelier can't/won't go anywhere near the George argument.

The reason for this will become clear when you read the letter from CCW to HMRC, which is being sent out with the next newsletter.

We have to pursue this avenue on our own. No promoters could, or would want to, get involved.

Comment

next newsletter

Montpelier can't/won't go anywhere near the George argument.

The reason for this will become clear when you read the letter from CCW to HMRC, which is being sent out with the next newsletter.

We have to pursue this avenue on our own. No promoters could, or would want to, get involved.
                    we had had 7 years of ups and downs (mostly downs), really looking forward to this next newsletter and some positive light.

Trying to not worry about the APN ticking down.

Comment

Another new member

Another new member joining - I'll be nagging others tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                      X