• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
    If you demonstrate that you have made genuine efforts to pay, you will be offered a payment plan - HMRC will not take your house or make you bankrupt, that is a last resort.

If you spent the last 8 years buying cars and having lovely holidays they will most likely F***K you over.
    Well at least I've had them and enjoyed them ! retrospective can't touch them now

Comment

Originally posted by Laxmi View Post
      Hi,
      after all the Fraud scare I'm thinking of backing out of the review & ftt as robbers & crooks have
      done nothing honest - misled parliament, lied in court etc, no end to their malice, and an endless pool
      of career climbing apes that can be corrupted by them -offering sweet deals to judges.
      Sorry for the negativity - all looking too scary for me now, since I want to continue being freelance, although
      been out of work for nearly a year - can't really take the risk! And, after all didn't we follow QC advice
      in the first place. Who would have thought the time machine existed, no-one can tell what low
      levels the R&C will scoop too.
      Just one question, are you an HMRC stooge?

It doesnt seem real that you're talking of chucking in the towel with a bunch of "robbers & crooks" because they mentioned fraud.

Up to you, I prefer brave fighters in the trench next to me.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

looking forward to the next stage

Well done DR and everyone - can't wait to go on the offensive, really relishing it.
        The Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
          You're suggesting paying up now?? just when theres actually some realistic chance of something better?
          Well silly thing is I paid IR35 taxes for 5 years. Then went with MTM to recoup that overpayment as I was never inside anyway - bad advise from lazy accountant! I used the IOM for just over a year, I have twice the amount liable on the Loan scheme but haven't even kept up with what's happening there. I just want to not have to deal with this thing going on for years to come. All I'm considering is paying the APN - which doesn't mean I've settled with the crooks, just no penalties.
          Then seeing what my options are. I know this is not fraud, unlike some MPs commit and get away with, but I don't trust r&c from playing dirty and making it worse, as we have a winning chance just like before retro. I will give it more thought when we have more information.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Just one question, are you an HMRC stooge?

Silly question really!

It doesnt seem real that you're talking of chucking in the towel with a bunch of "robbers & crooks" because they mentioned fraud.

Up to you, I prefer brave fighters in the trench next to me.
            We've had many a great moment thinking we can take them down, then they come out with some SH*TE that defys logic and time to take us down. I'm just being cautious and not getting my hopes up too high as we know how the R&C 'work'.

Comment

We've had many a great moment thinking we can take them down, then they come out with some SH*TE that defys logic and time to take us down. I'm just being cautious and not getting my hopes up too high as we know how the R&C 'work'.
              We are still fighting! For some of us there is no choice. No money.

Comment

HMRC are not invincible. And they are definitely fallible.

All the best with whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  The additional Class 4 NIC is just under 5%.

The accrued interest is the real killer though.

2001/2 - 64%
                  2002/3 - 57%
                  2003/4 - 51%
                  2004/5 - 44%
                  2005/6 - 37%
                  2006/7 - 30%
                  2007/8 - 22%
                  They may aswell piss in the wind for those sort of figures.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    An APN is only valid if the arrangement was notifiable under DOTAS.

DOTAS was introduced in 2004, hence why APNs can only apply to years 2004/5 onwards.

However, the 2004 DOTAS regime was limited in scope. It was extended in 2006, applying from 2006/7 onwards.

So, there will be circumstances where a scheme was notifiable in 2006/7 but not in 2004/5 or 2005/6. Montpelier are saying this is the case with the DTA scheme.
                    i have read hundreds of posts on this thread but i dont think anyone has asked this question (although i suspect this might sound like a basic question).> >
                    > Where can one assess if their scheme was registered under DOTAS for the 05/06 year? I only have 2 letters in 10 years from hmrc (plus the settlement opportunity), one for 05/06 and one for 06/07 and both say my return is under investigation due to employment with Edge.

Where can i tell if the Edge scheme is in or out of scope of the limited early years of the DOTAS registration?

Comment

Message for Banchini

Hi Banchini - you need to allow PM's for me to be able to reply to you

Grip

Comment

Working...
                      X