• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment 13/14

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've been in contact with my accountant so hopefully they would be able to shed some light on this....

Regarding that UK Tax Calculator - should I add up both P45 values both of Total pay to date and run that figure through it and see if the Tax values add up? or run them as two different "elements"

Comment

Originally posted by philip@wellwoodhoyle View Post
      Is your total income over £100k? If so, then you'll be losing some or all of your personal allowance, which is something that won't have been factored into your PAYE code.

Alternatively, the second employment may have beggared up your tax by not entering the right info from the first P45 or ignoring it.

Without knowing the numbers, impossible to say.
      No it's just under the 100k mark. So worst case scenario would be company b has done a royals dog breakfast on my tax etc. would I still have to pay this tax bill and then reclaim it: or would my accountant be able to "do something"?

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
        Yeah, I've been in contact with my accountant so hopefully they would be able to shed some light on this....

Regarding that UK Tax Calculator - should I add up both P45 values both of Total pay to date and run that figure through it and see if the Tax values add up? or run them as two different "elements"
        Add them up and enter as one pay to date. The amount of tax should then be the same as in the self-assessment.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X