• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Limited Company Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    There is only One LtdCo. The others are just trading names for a 'brand' if you like, but all income and expenditure goes through the LtdCo and the same Tax & VAT rules apply.
    Ok thanks. It won't work for me then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
      Ok thanks. It won't work for me then.
      Sounds like you need a new company set up, or do it as a sole trader. If it's your wife's/partner's business and they are a low rate tax earner than they can set it up as a sole trader.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Sounds like you need a new company set up, or do it as a sole trader. If it's your wife's/partner's business and they are a low rate tax earner than they can set it up as a sole trader.
        Thanks Sue.

Would you suggest using something like FreeAgent to keep the books up to date & then pass them to my accountant at year end to balance everything up?

Also, if anybody can help, can my Ltd Co lend money to my Sole Trader Co as a business loan? If so, does anybody know when repayments have to be made by?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
          Thanks Sue.

Would you suggest using something like FreeAgent to keep the books up to date & then pass them to my accountant at year end to balance everything up?

Also, if anybody can help, can my Ltd Co lend money to my Sole Trader Co as a business loan? If so, does anybody know when repayments have to be made by?

Thanks in advance.
          Speak to your accountant first as it will make your personal tax complicated if you do it. This is why I mentioned your wife/partner.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X