• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax efficient salary for 2015/16

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NI

Re Directors NI - you can elect to run it using the 'Alternative Method' to smooth it over the year so you do pay 4 quarterly amounts instead of one lump sum. Most payroll software should allow you to do this, we tend to do this for clients we manage the payroll for so they have the NI spread over the year instead of being hit at the end of the year.

Also we have written an article below on the optimal salary and dividend levels for 15-16:

What is the best mix of salary and dividends for 2015/16 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jffinancial View Post

Also we have written an article below on the optimal salary and dividend levels for 15-16:

Well written, thank you
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
        Yes you do if you want to use the employment allowance. Ask them.

Well I'm not so I won't
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Thank you for that. Really useful

Comment

That's great, thanks. Wish I'd started reading this thread back to front now.

Can anyone confirm, if take the £671 route for a quiet life (running my own payroll with HMRC RTI) and later decide that the £883 option would have been worth it after all, would there be any harm in adjusting the pay in the last three months to make up the difference? Or if I did it the other way round, starting on £883 and changing in favor of £671 a month equivalent.

Comment

re

thanks for the feedback, glad the article was useful :-)

Comment

Re Directors NI - you can elect to run it using the 'Alternative Method' to smooth it over the year so you do pay 4 quarterly amounts instead of one lump sum. Most payroll software should allow you to do this, we tend to do this for clients we manage the payroll for so they have the NI spread over the year instead of being hit at the end of the year.

Is net affect the same for the option 1 if the 963 is paid for 11 months (May-March) rather than 863 for 12 months (Apr-March)? So the total salary for the year is below 10593 (below 10600).

Comment

Working...
                X