• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming mileage without a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    And violate the driver's insurance since they are charging you for the journey.
    So in that case if there's no cost to the employee, there is no benefit to pay!
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Hallam Jones Accounting View Post
      Hi,

The best and easiest thing to do if you do not own the car or are not responsible for it is to make a payment to the driver for the lift and ask for a receipt. You can then legitimately claim the business trip as a business expense.

Abbas Shah
      Hallam Jones Accountancy
      Considering your awful website that is riddled with spelling mistakes and typos, this answer does not surprise me.

Your website also mentions that dividends are available on profits before tax. Excuse me??

Stop giving bad advice to your current client base and to users of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by John8589 View Post
        By walking, what expense do you think you're incurring?

I would have given you a more detailed answer if you hadn't come across as such a prat.
        - Coat for cold weather
        - High vis jacket
        - Shoes wear off quickly
        - new gloves
        - Extra food needed including stopover at Costa

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          - Coat for cold weather
          - High vis jacket
          - Shoes wear off quickly
          - new gloves
          - Extra food needed including stopover at Costa
          I need extra beer when clients ask me questions like this. Do you think HMRC will let me deduct the expense for tax purposes?

Comment

Working...
          X