• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax liability question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curious Beaver View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback. For the record my perm salary (40k) will be right on the cusp of the higher tax rate. So, technically, I could pay it out after April 5th and not incur the higher rate of div tax?
    Suggest you take your accountants advice: from what you say thats the best way to minimise your tax bill if you have a £40k pa salary going forward. To keep the company open in a dormant state will incur further accountancy fees and you will still continue to need to complete a self-assessment tax return each year (more fees) if you are a director at any time in a tax year. If your only income is £40k pa from employment you wont need to complete a tax return. If you do later on want to go back into contracting, simply form a new company.

Comment

Thanks again to all who responded with advice ITT. I'm striking off the company.

Comment

Working...
      X