• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency claiming they can't change rate midweek

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just take two days off? Or did you already work those days?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Just take two days off? Or did you already work those days?
      Seems a tad extreme to get £0 when they could easily be getting the agreed rate.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBackToPerm View Post
        I have a new contract signed by the agent starting from the Thursday on the higher rate.
        I think this is the only thing that matters.

If it comes to it, ask the agent to get the petty cash tin out for the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Seems a tad extreme to get £0 when they could easily be getting the agreed rate.
          It's called a holiday.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is why I won't do self billing. Computer says No.

IMHO, If you want to chase for the rate difference then don't delay, just invoice for it. Bill for statutory interest as it becomes due and repeat every couple of weeks. Be clear that if it's still outstanding at end of contract then there'll be debt recovery costs on top. You can offer to write off the interest if the debt is paid. If the agency won't budge then speak to a debt recovery agency with a view to having them deal with it so you can focus on the next contract. Oh, and stay on good terms with the client!

Comment

Working...
            X