• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explanation of note for Fixed Assets on abbrev accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explanation of note for Fixed Assets on abbrev accounts

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been asked before but after an afternoon of Googling I cannot find it.

I'm filing my abbreviated accounts and for the fixed assets (both intangible and tangible) I'm not sure what to put in for each part of the note (i.e. Cost: additions, disposals etc.; amortisation: charge for the year etc.). This is my first set of accounts as I'm sure you can tell!

Thanks,
    Matt

Originally posted by matt2012 View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry if this has been asked before but after an afternoon of Googling I cannot find it.

I'm filing my abbreviated accounts and for the fixed assets (both intangible and tangible) I'm not sure what to put in for each part of the note (i.e. Cost: additions, disposals etc.; amortisation: charge for the year etc.). This is my first set of accounts as I'm sure you can tell!

Thanks,
    Matt
    No disrespect but it sounds like you really shouldn't be tackling it - rather one for the accounting profession. A false economy really.

Comment

Originally posted by Midland White View Post
      No disrespect but it sounds like you really shouldn't be tackling it - rather one for the accounting profession. A false economy really.
      I agree! How are you planning on doing your corporation tax calculations? On your own as well?? If you are struggling with the fixed asset note in the accounts then I think that's going to be a bit tough. Accountants aren't that expensive considering the trouble you could get yourself into doing it on your own.

Comment

The Fixed Asset note is normally a table of the assets in defined classes broken down into cost b/fwd, additions, disposals, depreciation, depreciation written off in disposals, net book value etc. Easy if you know how, less so if you don't.

Comment

Working...
        X