• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I declare war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly not. The good thing about it - the timesheet that the client authorised and accountant cancelled did include notice period payment, so that would indicate (at least) the client is happy to pay. Not sure how much weight that would have.

Comment

So it seems it was a short and nice war, didn't even get a chance to shout at somebody on the phone. After an email (thanks to Safe Collections for suggestion) about the letter, things miraculously sorted themselves out - it appears everything was done months and years ago, they just somehow forgot about it!!! It appears patience is not a virtue anymore, especially if recruitment agents are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by mrv View Post
        So it seems it was a short and nice war, didn't even get a chance to shout at somebody on the phone. After an email (thanks to Safe Collections for suggestion) about the letter, things miraculously sorted themselves out - it appears everything was done months and years ago, they just somehow forgot about it!!! It appears patience is not a virtue anymore, especially if recruitment agents are involved.
        Glad we could help
        The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Stupid newbie question, but what's opt in/out. Feel free to attach any links to posts I've missed in my search .

Sympathies to OP, I hope you've got a war chest to keep you going. An expensive learned, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
            Stupid newbie question, but what's opt in/out. Feel free to attach any links to posts I've missed in my search .

Sympathies to OP, I hope you've got a war chest to keep you going. An expensive learned, I hope.
            There's a sticky at the top of the Business/ Contracts forum about 4 posts down from the top.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X