• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BET's scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    For those that did not read until the end of the announcement
    Forgive me for being sceptical, I did read this
    There are no plans to replace the BETs or example scenarios.
    But I'm not stupid enough to believe it.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Many Thanks to Ipse and other organizations that have lobbied successfully to get these withdrawn.

Comment

No plans can mean a large number of things ranging from dead, gone never to return through to we know exactly what we're going to replace it with, we just haven't published the plan yet.

Yes I'm cynical, but HMRC aren't known for backing down and BET's were a quick, cheap way to put fear of IR35 into people's minds and scare up extra IR35 tax income.

Comment

If they do try to replace them, and having totally buggered up what was originally a good idea, they won't be allowed too do it again.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Couple of relevant points from the last IR35 Forum minutes:

"Forum Members agreed that if the BETs are withdrawn, the Forum will continue to work together to provide greater clarity as to when IR35 is likely to apply although it was recognised that a further iteration of the Business Entity Tests would not be helpful."

"Mike Brown confirmed that HMRC would stand by the 3 year guarantee for anyone who had applied the BETs pre abolition, in accordance with current guidance."

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...y_Final_RF.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              If they do try to replace them, and having totally buggered up what was originally a good idea, they won't be allowed too do it again.
              Who is going to stop them? The House of Lords?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                Who is going to stop them? The House of Lords?
                More likely the people that got them binned...

There will have to be some sort of replacement mechanism though; PS bodies still have to adhere to the idiot Alexander's rules on taking on non-employees, although the updated CL1 contracts (can't remember who made that happen, incidentally....) should cover that pretty much already.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Guide to simplifying tax axed for being too complex - Telegraph

Comment

But they can't......I've just taken out a £1,200 advert in the The Daily Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                      But they can't......I've just taken out a £1,200 advert in the The Daily Sport
                      Reminds me of that website, IR35 Buddy or some such nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X