• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company - Employee payment advise???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    You mean pay them £5K without informing the tax man?

Yes you can do this, but you'll probably end up in jail.

I am newbie on this field, i am trying to find out the legal way and procedure how commission will paid to employee?... I don' t want break the law or hide from taxman..

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Yes, you can pay £5k into their personal account.

Since they are your employee, you would record this £5k bonus on their payslip, and pay the appropriate additional tax and NI to HMRC. If you have already paid them £5k, you would pay this from your company funds.

Good luck with the new business.
      Thanks for the reply.. Please elaborate the additional tax term? Is it corporation tax ? I guess corporation tax paid on the net profit and this £5k is sale commission, comes under expenses right?

Comment

Originally posted by everfor View Post
        Thanks for the reply.. Please elaborate the additional tax term? Is it corporation tax ? I guess corporation tax paid on the net profit and this £5k is sale commission, comes under expenses right?
        For your co, the £5k you pay the employee is an expense, as is any employers NIC on top.

For the employee, the £5k is income and they pay income tax and employees NIC and this is deducted through your payroll system.

Comment

Originally posted by everfor View Post
          You say you've already set this company up, in that case I suggest you appoint an accountant. Quickly.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Sounds like a Bob plan....
            I agree
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
            X