• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sue agency for not having schedule of work signed off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to sue someone sue your limited, they took you on without the funds to pay you and without having any work for you.

Comment

Hahaha the large font convinced me.

Ok thanks all for your advice, as you can imagine it's not what I would've liked to hear mostly because I can't see how these agencies are allowed to get away with such conduct, but you're more experienced and I respect your advice.
      Even tho you're all more knowledgeable I felt some people on here could do with a bit more humbleness.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Comment

I don't think there's a lack of humbleness. People are simply observing the fact that you want to eat your cake and still have it.

You decided to start your own business. You quit your job to work for your own business. A contract fell through (get used to it). So what? You're in business. Find another gig. No one owes you a success story - you have to make that yourself.

Complaining that you had to hand in your notice to your permie job makes it all sound very self-contradictory - were you in business for yourself or not? What does having to quit your old job have to do with anything?

That's not an attack on you per se - I'm just trying to point out that the injustice you see is just business.

It's like people who take their pride & joy on the race track and end up binning it in the first session, and then throwing a self-pitiful tantrum - If you can't afford the risk then you have no business being there.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          I don't think there's a lack of humbleness. People are simply observing the fact that you want to eat your cake and still have it.

You decided to start your own business. You quit your job to work for your own business. A contract fell through (get used to it). So what? You're in business. Find another gig. No one owes you a success story - you have to make that yourself.

Complaining that you had to hand in your notice to your permie job makes it all sound very self-contradictory - were you in business for yourself or not? What does having to quit your old job have to do with anything?

That's not an attack on you per se - I'm just trying to point out that the injustice you see is just business.

It's like people who take their pride & joy on the race track and end up binning it in the first session, and then throwing a self-pitiful tantrum - If you can't afford the risk then you have no business being there.
          +1 to all that plus it's an anonymous internet forum. No one really GAS except me.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blu View Post
            Hahaha the large font convinced me.

Ok thanks all for your advice, as you can imagine it's not what I would've liked to hear mostly because I can't see how these agencies are allowed to get away with such conduct, but you're more experienced and I respect your advice.
            Even tho you're all more knowledgeable I felt some people on here could do with a bit more humbleness.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
            humility.

Comment

Originally posted by blu View Post
              ... and they asked me to resign from my then current perm position, so I gave my 30 day notice.
              Strange phrasing.

The contract fell through before it started.

You had to quit your permie job to take the contract, it was YOUR problem that you had 30 day notice period.

YOU would have to have handed that notice in to take the contract so to try and say the agency asked you to resign makes little sense.

Knowing you were a permie with 30 days notice, they probably wanted to double check you had actually quit so that you could make the start date of the contract.

And then the contract fell through.

It's a harsh lesson in contracting I'm afraid as others have said.

Comment

Working...
              X