• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carlsberg don't do umbrella companies but if they did................................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes very true - you were an employee of Parasol not of the end client so the P45 will more than likely reflect the date you terminated your employment with Parasol.

Bit dissapointing to hear of the problems with Parasol - they always seemed quite good. Also whilst I do not have the full details to hand my experience is that when tax codes etc are incorrect or wrong (in your view) it will more than likely be that your P45 you sent them had wrong ( in your view) details on it.

Obviously it is equally likely someone in the payroll team made a pigs ear of setting up your details on the payroll system - but hey mistakes happen.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I would think a service that provided a director or part time employee who ran your limited company and took care of all the accounts and paperwork for you for a nominal fee would be best.
      Late to the party, but that is that's called an MSC. And they are illegal unless you pay full PAYE and NICs on all your earnings. So not all that smart an idea...

HTH
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

A P45 should be generated by the computerised payroll system being used and has to contain information that has been input throughout the period of employment. Therefore if your correct tax code was shown on your payslips there is no reason why the same code would not appear on your P45; taxable earnings and tax paid are also just accumulations of the figures input in each payroll period. Unless the P45 was hand written I cannot see how the errors you mentioned could have occurred.
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
          I used Parasol and I have to say they were rubbish. Their charge was more than originally stated (details provided remained the same), they have messed up my tax and really did as little as possible. I also have to wait between two to eight weeks (if I'm lucky) to get my P45 and P60.

I am now looking for another umbrella company as I don't really want to go Ltd at the moment. It is like trying to find the best of a bad bunch!
          Merlin, please can you PM me with your real name and details or you can email me at [email protected].

This is very serious from our perspective and I would like to look into this properly. I do need you real name though to look everything up on our system.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Carlsberg don't do umbrella companies but if they did................................

Agree, mistakes do happen.

Lisa, my P45 that was given to Parasol was not hand written but computer generated and had all been fine with previous employment. All Parasol ever bothered to do was use BR pay code. I'm guessing that end of year accounts had been 'done' and that sheer laziness stopped them (payroll) doing the work they should have done!

Steven, I will email you later when I have the chance today with details.

Comment

Agree, mistakes do happen.

Lisa, my P45 that was given to Parasol was not hand written but computer generated and had all been fine with previous employment. All Parasol ever bothered to do was use BR pay code. I'm guessing that end of year accounts had been 'done' and that sheer laziness stopped them (payroll) doing the work they should have done!

Steven, I will email you later when I have the chance today with details.
              Hi Merlin, the only reason I can think that a BR tax code would have been allocated to you would be if a coding notice had been received from HMR&C. Usually the code that is on the P45 you give to your new employer is the code that should be used in your new employment and, assuming a coding notice isn't received, should be the code that appears on the P45 you are issued with when you leave that employment. The year end (6th April) will typically automatically change existing tax codes as the tax free allowances change but otherwise any changes in tax codes will be through notification from HMR&C

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

For a PAYE or PSC (Limited Company) solution have a look at MRG Pay Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Fundamental Rights View Post
                  For a PAYE or PSC (Limited Company) solution have a look at MRG Pay Solutions
                  Interesting website; just the one page Oh and by the way the mods might think

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I used Parasol and I have to say they were rubbish. Their charge was more than originally stated (details provided remained the same), they have messed up my tax and really did as little as possible. I also have to wait between two to eight weeks (if I'm lucky) to get my P45 and P60.

I am now looking for another umbrella company as I don't really want to go Ltd at the moment. It is like trying to find the best of a bad bunch!
                    I can appreciate how you feel. Ive spent numerous hours calling nearly 50 companies in the past couple months.

Feel free to message me if you like and I can provide you with a list of umbrellas to perhaps call and ones to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      I can appreciate how you feel. Ive spent numerous hours calling nearly 50 companies in the past couple months.

Feel free to message me if you like and I can provide you with a list of umbrellas to perhaps call and ones to avoid.
                      That's an awful lot of calls wim121 I hope your hard work paid off and you found the right one for you

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X