+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default HTC Phone: "Stopped Unexpectedly" error messages

Perhaps a bit of a longshot, but has anyone on here with a HTC phone recently been getting error messages when trying to use various functions of their phone?

I have a stock HTC Sensation XE and, about a month ago, it started to randomly throw up error messages when trying to use certain functions.

The functions affected appeared to be random but, IIRC, included the phone dialler and the text messages function.

For example, when I would select the Messages icon to go into my texts folder it would come up with an error message saying it has stopped working and I ended up having to install a third-party app just to be able to access my texts.

The same thing would happen when I would go into my phone dialler to look up my recently called numbers list.

Thinking a factory reset would solve the issue, I reset the phone last night but the issue still seems to be there.

For example, when I try to setup a WiFi connection it comes up with a message "Settings has stopped unexpectedly"

Anyone had a similar issue or can advise as I am not having much luck finding a solution when searching the t'internet.

More fingers than teeth

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had a Desire and a basic Xperia (forget the model but the free one) that both went a bit erratic on us. Nothing repeatable or complete lock, just weird stuff going on randomly. Unfortunately in both cases a factory reset fixed the issues.

I am guessing you have the latest firmware and android versions you can on it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner

Yes really!!!!

Faqqed Off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I had something similar with my HTC Desire, I rang T-Mobile and had a replacement shipped to me the next day. And since the Desire was out of stock, I got the later model instead.
    <Your signature goes here>

+ Reply to Thread