SSD Recovery
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: SSD Recovery

  1. #1

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default SSD Recovery

    I stupidly formatted an old SSD drive with some files on it which I still need

    Any software recommendations for getting that data back?

    Ta
    Coffee's for closers

  2. #2

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    253
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I stupidly formatted an old SSD drive with some files on it which I still need

    Any software recommendations for getting that data back?

    Ta
    Mac or Windows?

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Mac or Windows?
    Windows
    Coffee's for closers

  4. #4
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,433
    Thanks (Given)
    1062
    Thanks (Received)
    601
    Likes (Given)
    6434
    Likes (Received)
    2235

    Default

    Quick format or full?

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Quick format or full?
    Luckily I'm too impatient for a full format so it was a quick one
    Coffee's for closers

  6. #6
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,433
    Thanks (Given)
    1062
    Thanks (Received)
    601
    Likes (Given)
    6434
    Likes (Received)
    2235

    Default

    You might have a chance, try Acronis stuff -

    Disk management software, partition recovery tool, and boot disk manager for Windows XP and Vista desktop systems

    Make sure you don't write anything onto that disk now!

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    You might have a chance, try Acronis stuff -

    Disk management software, partition recovery tool, and boot disk manager for Windows XP and Vista desktop systems

    Make sure you don't write anything onto that disk now!
    I think I've got a copy of that already at home!

    Thanks, will take a look when I get back on Friday
    Coffee's for closers

  8. #8

    Old Greg is my bitch

    administrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,941
    Thanks (Given)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    278
    Likes (Given)
    1569
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    You might have a chance, try Acronis stuff -

    Disk management software, partition recovery tool, and boot disk manager for Windows XP and Vista desktop systems

    Make sure you don't write anything onto that disk now!
    Aye, definitely don't write to disk! Never tried on an SSD but should be the same. I have always had good results with:
    Free Data Recovery Software to free recover deleted files and recover formatted or corrupt hard drives - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

    Looks like you can install and recover 1GB for free so worth a punt! Good luck.

  9. #9
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,433
    Thanks (Given)
    1062
    Thanks (Received)
    601
    Likes (Given)
    6434
    Likes (Received)
    2235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Aye, definitely don't write to disk! Never tried on an SSD but should be the same. I have always had good results with:
    Free Data Recovery Software to free recover deleted files and recover formatted or corrupt hard drives - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

    Looks like you can install and recover 1GB for free so worth a punt! Good luck.
    Yes, used that also with good results.

    But if he can wait until Friday to recover data then it's probably not very valueable...

    Oh, and the quality of SSDs is making me

  10. #10

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,442
    Thanks (Given)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    101
    Likes (Given)
    860
    Likes (Received)
    377

    Default

    I've used several. The best one I've used (and still use) is Unformat and File Recovery Software for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows7/Windows8

    It's superb! Scans a disk and reassembles files if necessary. Restorer Ultimate is the edition you want.

    Not sure if SSD techniques are different to magnetic.

    Good Luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.