• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox 4 final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 4 final

Can now be downloaded from here:

Download Firefox 4.0 Final Now a Day Early

Firebug and a few other things don't work yet but it seems to work OK.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Parts of my site don't work and it's messed with fonts which isn't good. Back to the earlier version.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Stretching the definition of final a bit aren't they?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Stretching the definition of final a bit aren't they?
        The things that didn't work were third party plugins. Actually there now seems to be a firebug update that works.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It does seem to suffer from ultra-bloatation. Currently 490MB of memory used and rising, and all I have open is a windows live document

Memory leak perhaps? Whatever it is I think chrome is going to remain by browser of choice for the moment.

Comment

I'm not sure the memory use reported by Task Manager is accurate, but also could it be the document app that is leaking... what is windows live documents?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

IME Firefox is a memory hog, have to close it down every so often just to free up some memory and get it back to working at full speed

Comment

It does seem to suffer from ultra-bloatation. Currently 490MB of memory used and rising, and all I have open is a windows live document

Memory leak perhaps?
                I really hoped they would fix it in v4, my FF is currently suffering leaks up to 1GB with a couple of tabs open if left for several days

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I'm not sure the memory use reported by Task Manager is accurate, but also could it be the document app that is leaking... what is windows live documents?
                  It's a cloud based "office" thing similar to google docs. Chrome and IE both use significantly less memory when I'm using it, and firefox dropped to 220MB after a restart (which is still double what chrome reports) but soon grew to nearly 1/2 a gig again.

Not sure why you think the memory use reported in task manager wouldn't be "accurate" although I can understand that it might not be reporting what you think it's reporting (it's the "working set" i.e. the memory physically mapped to that process, although some pages might be shared between more than one process).

Either way it's a bloater.

Comment

My new PC has just been shipped so will be here tomorrow - might try it on there and see how much of the 16GB RAM it uses
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X