• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to hijack this and ask if anyone knows if there's any benefit on linkedin to sticking some kind of cert at the back of your actual name on the site? I've seen it a few times; Jornal McDornal, CISM or Edward Bledward, CISSP. I can't see it doing anything more than putting the cert further down your profile does.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
      I wondered why you removed me, and it was Phones4U, not Carphone warhouse
      Aah you worked for them, no wonder they went bust!

Comment

I used a dedicated email address for my LinkedIn profile in order to measure the relevant job offers from LinkedIn in comparison to let's say Job portals like CW Jobs. About 67% of the relevant request come indeed via LinkedIn.

I add to my status something like: "... - Available again from 07/2017"

Cheers,
        David
        Last edited by davidbieder; 20 February 2017, 14:39.
        David's Blog

Comment

Since around Sep 2016 there was an option on linkedin for this. Go to the jobs tab and click "job preferences" or "update preferences" (I think the former if you have never set them up before). On that screen you can enter your job search criteria including a check box for "contract" :-), finally there is a "let recruiters know you are open..." slider which I presume means that recruiters get you in their results.

Also happily the new linkedin search function is much better, type in contractor in the search bar and on the jobs tab you get contractor or FTC jobs, seems that a few perm jobs slip through as well though.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I just used to add current position as 'Looking for something new'.

Seemed to work ok....

Comment

There is a new option to let agents know you are looking without showing everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                There is a new option to let agents know you are looking without showing everyone.
                I think the poster 2 above you said that
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                    That's the opposite of what I want to do.
                    Agents can wait until I've exhausted the pool of potential direct contracts.
                    Otherwise there's no point to Linkedin.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      That's the opposite of what I want to do.
                      Agents can wait until I've exhausted the pool of potential direct contracts.
                      Otherwise there's no point to Linkedin.
                      The visibility is given to agents and in-house recruiters, ie those direct contacts you are hoping for.
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X