• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK bike ride?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Sunday (7 July) is the Benson veteran cycle rally.

I'm thinking about cycling from Reading station to Benson (to the pub where they stop for lunch to have a look at the bikes) then back again - about 40 miles round trip with long stop in the middle.

Anyone fancy it? The pace will be leisurely - that means average 10mph and walking up steep hills.

Pictures of the sort of bikes that are there here - the owners are very enthusiastic and happy to tell you about their pride and joy (and sometimes let you have a little go)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I'm thinking about cycling from Reading station to Benson (to the pub where they stop for lunch to have a look at the bikes) then back again - about 40 miles round trip with long stop in the middle.

Anyone fancy it? The pace will be leisurely - that means average 10mph and walking up steep hills.

Pictures of the sort of bikes that are there here - the owners are very enthusiastic and happy to tell you about their pride and joy (and sometimes let you have a little go)
      Would love to but I'll be back up north unfortunately.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Would love to but I'm incredibly lazy and look shocking in lycra
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Would love to but I'm incredibly lazy and look shocking in lycra
          I don't think we deserve that image.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I would love to - but I never tackle anything less than half iron.

Comment

Working...
            X