• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vladioff View Post
    Hi,

I have recently joined the forum. I was with TRM for a few years and in the same boat as most here, so would appreciate some help and advice from the folks who are close to this issue. Many thanks
    Done!

Comment

requested access via email.

Comment

Originally posted by orangefive View Post
        requested access via email.
        You now have PM access.

Comment

Hi All,

Another ex Talent & Cherrylon. Anyone know what is happening regarding this? Had my settlement letter sometime ago

Thanks

Daz

Comment

Originally posted by DG705 View Post
            Hi All,

Another ex Talent & Cherrylon. Anyone know what is happening regarding this? Had my settlement letter sometime ago

Thanks

Daz
            Hi Daz,

There is a private group for TRM/Cherryloners, ask convict to join, if you check the first post on this thread there is some info on how to do it

DL
            Last edited by davieloco; 23 January 2015, 13:56. Reason: added content

Comment

Originally posted by davieloco View Post
              Hi Daz,

There is a private group for TRM/Cherryloners, ask convict to join, if you check the first post on this thread there is some info on how to do it

DL
              Thanks Davie, have emailed him

Appreciated

Comment

Bumping for those who are interested

Comment

It has come to my attention that the agent dealing with the TRM/Cherrylon series of schemes has been contacting former members to present a number of choices moving forward.

These include;

- Settling via the CLSO
                  - Continuing to litigation

The letter also discusses the "do nothing" option.

Bearing in mind that I am a fee earning tax professional with a connection to another initiative here and as such might be considered to be prejudiced, it is my OPINION that the letter I have seen is inaccurate in at least one respect.

If you receive a letter discuss it with a suitable professional adviser BEFORE making any decision.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Convict

Hi Convict, I just emailed you (IS) regarding my case

Comment

Taxtalk (TRM Cherrylon et al) in liquidation

There is a message on the webpage for Taxtalk indicating that they filed for voluntary liquidation on 25th September.

We're aware that they had the rump of a fighting fund supporting them for a long while but that has obviously now been exhausted.

The schemes they were looking after are arguably close to the Boyle/Sandfield situation although Taxtalk spoke with a QC who found a fair number of distinguishing features and I think I'd agree with most of them. Unfortunately the differences may not be enough to take a Court action (depends on your attitude to risk) but I think are enough to make a decent argument.

If you were in any of the schemes being looked after there AND you have not elected to settle, you should get some advice.
                      Last edited by cojak; 29 September 2015, 08:53. Reason: 29/09 post copied to this thread.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X