• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say sorry d'ya think?

So Maria Miller has said sorry and only has to pay back 12% of the money she fraudulently claimed. I declared everything on my 2008/9 tax return, so do you think if I send a letter to HMRC saying "I'm really really sorry that YOU didn't notice what was written on my tax return", that I will only have to pay back 12%????? I think not. Bunch of criminals!

Comment

UTT Thread | The Scottish Football Monitor

If anyone is looking for coverage of the Rangers UTT hearing, here is very good set of notes.

Comment

EBT scheme users to be targeted to pay upfront first

Just saw this on another thread, for info:

International Adviser: Warn clients in tax disputes to get ready to pay by autumn, advisers told

Comment

Latest response from my MP

Further to our previous correspondence, thank you for writing to me regarding the ‘Tackling Marketed Tax Avoidance’ consultation.
          Given the additional concerns you have raised, I have now written to the Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury in order to make him aware of your views and to request further information from about the Government’s views on this matter. Once I receive a response from the Minister I will of course forward this on to you. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
          With best wishes,

Comment

Finance bill 2014

I can guess what the reply will be.

Here is a link to my recent article:

w ww.contractorumbrella.com/news/827-contractor_pay_schemes_-_enquiries_and_appeals.html - Contractor Pay Schemes - Enquiries and Appeals | Contractor Umbrella

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post

w ww.contractorumbrella.com/news/827-contractor_pay_schemes_-_enquiries_and_appeals.html - Contractor Pay Schemes - Enquiries and Appeals | Contractor Umbrella
              ...which is all well and good other than the, frankly outrageous, scare tactics relating to penalties. In addition his suggestions that, if you are were in a scheme as far back as 2004 you should now make full disclosure to HMRC is frankly ridiculous.

Comment

...in fact Lisa from Contractor Umbrella, can you not get a more reasoned article to put on your site? Having this article on your site lends it credence which it does not deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                  ...which is all well and good other than the, frankly outrageous, scare tactics relating to penalties. In addition his suggestions that, if you are were in a scheme as far back as 2004 you should now make full disclosure to HMRC is frankly ridiculous.
                  You can certainly deal with HMRC yourselves, especially if you are honest and give them the data they ask. I have been in correspondence recently and neither NI or penalties were not discussed or proposed. They want to close as many as possible...

Comment

I do think Mr. Perry's 'scare em into signing up' business model is wearing a bit thin now

Comment

This is not the first time he's said things which have left me feeling decidedly uneasy.

It makes me wonder how close his working relationship with HMRC is.

<mod snip - comment removed.>

Comment

Working...
                      X