• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML IOM ~ smartpay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML IOM ~ smartpay

Is or has anyone used the scheme run by AML?

Im considering joining the big group but want to know if anyone had any confidence that AML will be representing its clients in a similar way to what big group is offering?

Their tax department maintains that it stands by its scheme and that their tax team are the best in the business and to rest assured.

What are others thoughts,views,experiences of AML?

Originally posted by bhand5 View Post
    Is or has anyone used the scheme run by AML?

Im considering joining the big group but want to know if anyone had any confidence that AML will be representing its clients in a similar way to what big group is offering?

Their tax department maintains that it stands by its scheme and that their tax team are the best in the business and to rest assured.

What are others thoughts,views,experiences of AML?
    There's quite a bit on here about them. I believe they are going to court with HMRC in the not too distant future. I would have a read up and maybe contact Webberg at Big Group for his opinion before you do anything.

Comment

AML

So if AML go to court and win then come 2019 i am buggered becasue of the outstanding loans. If they lose then i can call it 'mis-selling' and phone ICS and AML and shout at them. Probably an appeal delaying the enivitable before HMRC demanding payment. Does the court case really matter? Is anyone on big group who isnt going to settle? Im not but will be good to speak to others about bankruptcy planning!
      Yes.....im having a bad day!

Comment

Our (Big Group) view of AML is well known.

They are still contactable. They have a good tax team. They believe in their product and its tax legal basis. They have not, to my knowledge, sought to extract usurious fees from their clients to support their litigation to date.

For all of those reasons you have to say that they are standing their corner.

We may disagree on some of the technical analysis and certainly their communication style with their clients is very different from ours but that is no reason to think that they are not doing what they think is best.

There are also other tax advisers in this space of course. I'm sure you can read the threads here to discover what people think of them - good or bad.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hounded By the Dogs

I had the pleasure of signing up with them.
          I am hounded constantly by HMRC.
          I left the scheme after several years and they have informed me that they will not represent me unless I sign up again.
          I am left to fight the dogs on my own......Thanks SmartPay

Comment

Originally posted by jes107 View Post
            Yes.....im having a bad day!
            Unfortunately you may have a few more...many of us ex-AML people joined Big Group. We have a strategy and it won't get discussed on public forums. AML are still around but they are so slow and hard to get information from, because unfortunately there is a climate of paranoia as HMRC do frequent these forums and so understandably they do not want others privy to it.

We have difficult decisions as individuals but the collective members of Big Group is a life saver for many of us.
            http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

im in exactly this position, ex AML and SmartPay and no doubt joining BIG group would help but i dont really have the funds or understand fully what they are offering and if that will ultimately help.

The whole thing confuses me massively and has caused untold stress and worry and not sure of the best way to deal with it. Well, the stress im getting help for but the issue itself not so.

Contacted AML with some basic questions over and over again but they simply ignore this and the only contact has been a demand for a fee for the admin cost of replying to HMRC over a recent SA check letter.

I'd be grateful for any advice/help from others who are in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by ric_77 View Post
                im in exactly this position, ex AML and SmartPay and no doubt joining BIG group would help but i dont really have the funds or understand fully what they are offering and if that will ultimately help.

The whole thing confuses me massively and has caused untold stress and worry and not sure of the best way to deal with it. Well, the stress im getting help for but the issue itself not so.

Contacted AML with some basic questions over and over again but they simply ignore this and the only contact has been a demand for a fee for the admin cost of replying to HMRC over a recent SA check letter.

I would have though Big Group was the best source of information and guidance... Perhaps you should give them a call.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Same boat

Originally posted by ric_77 View Post

Hi ric_77,

Everyone trawling through this forum is pretty much in the same position you find yourself in. You are not alone, up to 100,000 people are involved.

I too was with AML for a number of years, but I left the scheme before the transfer to Smartpay. One thing I have learnt in the years I have been dealing with this mess is that every individual will need to make the their own decision on how to proceed. It will come down to your circumstances.

Settle (This year?)
                  Loan Charge (Next year?)
                  Other (Next year or longer?)

Whichever route you take, it needs to be right for you and will ultimately come down to how much you're up for the challenges ahead or whether you want to put this behind you sooner rather than later. Get it squared away in your own mind and then you really do need to take professional advice. As for big group, I am a member and it is a great place to gather knowledge, get support and keep things in perspective.

MLeggsy

Comment

Originally posted by MLeggsy View Post
                    Hi ric_77,

Everyone trawling through this forum is pretty much in the same position you find yourself in. You are not alone, up to 100,000 people are involved.

I too was with AML for a number of years, but I left the scheme before the transfer to Smartpay. One thing I have learnt in the years I have been dealing with this mess is that every individual will need to make the their own decision on how to proceed. It will come down to your circumstances.

Settle (This year?)
                    Loan Charge (Next year?)
                    Other (Next year or longer?)

Whichever route you take, it needs to be right for you and will ultimately come down to how much you're up for the challenges ahead or whether you want to put this behind you sooner rather than later. Get it squared away in your own mind and then you really do need to take professional advice. As for big group, I am a member and it is a great place to gather knowledge, get support and keep things in perspective.

MLeggsy
                    thanks for the advice, do BIG Group have a number please to call to discuss this further?

Comment

Working...
                    X