• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B: Hurricane Irene

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's on the move, heading north catching up with plodding but wet and windy Irene.

Comment

Nope, maybe heading for an open airport.

Comment

Quick update on Irene (Pictures to follow once I get back to the UK tomorrow)

I intercepted the eye of irene as it came ashore just after daybreak. I was positioned at Atlantic Beech and the dead centre of the eye was just 8 miles to me East. I was in the eye for some 90 minuites. Peak winds occured @ 03:00 - 06:00am. for me this was NOT a good intercept. I did shoot (and sell ) some video at night but the day time was actually a non event.

Irene was a weak Hurricane at landfall - of the 10 hurricanes that I have intercepted this was the weakest by some margin. I really struggled to find any real damage at my location so thankfully Atlantic Beech will recover quickly. The end of the pier collasped - that was about it.

Power outages will the the main issue over the comming days.

I left Atlantic Beech and tried to intercept the eye again further inland but the roads were blocked by fallen trees so I made a run for the airport. Thankfully I found a some food at a Hooters that was open!

The biggest over Hype in media HISTORY is now centred on New York - I am shocked by this over reaction and this may well be why? I have had low video sales from the first landfall area.
        www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
          Quick update on Irene (Pictures to follow once I get back to the UK tomorrow)

Thankfully I found a some food at a Hooters that was open!
          Ahem, looking forward to see pictures of Irene and the other waitresses when you get back.

Comment

The malarkey you go to just to visit a titty-bar. No wonder your wife was suspicious in the TV show, I think she suspected all along.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A few pics of my Hurricane Irene intercept. I shot mainly video (which I will share once i get back to the UK)

WxMan Hurricane Irene Pictures
              www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Looks like a traditional Cornish summer. Hope you don't mind us posting your images, I'll remove if so.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Looks like a traditional Cornish summer. Hope you don't mind us posting your images, I'll remove if so.
                  That's near Penzence isn't it?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Excellent stuff. I had a feeling this one was going to turn into a "what was the fuss all about?" event. Presumably there'll be a backlash.

And good to know even in a crisis you can always count on Hooters.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It is pretty sad that our media is so obsessed with news from the states, for the last week this has been the major news interest here, obviously because it is so easy to pick up their broadcasts and have some UK newsreader talk over it.

I think I will write to Barry Took and make my displeasure known.

Comment

Working...
                      X