• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it really this good?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really this good?!

So I go to the umbrella calculator 400 pound/day, 25 weeks a year, fees etc. This gives me a net income of over 45,000 pound? (sorry no pound sign here in Cambodia!). So in one year you guys can work for six months and the other six months chill, travel the world, sleep etc?!? I must be missing something. Life cannot be this good for you guys!?

Originally posted by whoolio View Post
    So I go to the umbrella calculator 400 pound/day, 25 weeks a year, fees etc. This gives me a net income of over 45,000 pound? (sorry no pound sign here in Cambodia!). So in one year you guys can work for six months and the other six months chill, travel the world, sleep etc?!? I must be missing something. Life cannot be this good for you guys!?
    Seems a little high. Probably closer to £37-£39k if you don't mess around with some dodgy umbrella company.

Who are you and what are you doing in Cambodia? That would be a lot of money in Cambodia, you could clear up in the false leg market.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Comment

Welcome whoolio. its not a bad life, providing you like beer and curries and ladies in short skirts.

How comes you have a mexican name by the way ? shouldnt you be Sopham, or munny or something ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          How comes you have a mexican name by the way ? shouldnt you be Sopham, or munny or something ?
          Wasn't Cambodia part of the Mexican empire? Sancho Panza and all that? I'm no expert though.

Comment

Whoolio

Can you help?

We seem to have 'lost' three of our finest TV broadcasters in your country.

Have you seen them perchance?

They went on a Busmans holiday and haven't been seen since.

Comment

I would agree that £45,000 personal income from 1 person billing £400'day is slightly too optimistic. It probably assumes you don't have any other expense e.g. software licenses, legal advice fees, phone, travel, which in reality would probably cost a contractor about £5,000/year on average. It also assumes you intend to leach all the cash out of the company all the time, which isn't a great way to run a business.

But basically yes, after you've been at it for a few years you can regularly take several months off without having to eat your own shoes. You probably won't be able to live like a king on your off-time, and the other thing is it's hard to plan when your contracts are going to be and how long they will take.

Comment

This has gotta to be the worst troll post I have seen for awhile. Cambodia? Perlease....
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  This has gotta to be the worst troll post I have seen for awhile. Cambodia? Perlease....
                  I've posted on CUK while in Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Sorry, I'll try and think of a better one next time.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X