• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Jack
    I agree with Xerxes. Jesus would not have retaliated with violence no matter what the provocation.
    At last, someone who appreciates the true message of Christ, and does not seek to pervert it to their own bigoted agenda.

Comment

The true message of Christ

be nice to people and you'll be nailed to a tree.
      Well, it's a free country (almost) and you're entitled to seek your pleasure as you may, but it's not something I'll be embracing anytime soon, thanks all the same.
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
        My son will NOT be a victim of bullies and a system that fails to correctly handle them.
        I wish you and your family good luck, eternalnomad... I had some experience of being bullied when younger but i was big and strong enough to fight back physically when required. My dad is ex army and although that has its own side effects, at least I was conditioned to fight back and then deal with the 'politics' after youd made sure you were physically safe. I had people spit on me, pick fights with me in groups when I was on my own (as my best friends were Jewish) - and they were the people I was at school with.

Kids were jealous of me as I had achieved an academic scholarship to the school. I also used to get bullied by other kids on the way to school as I had to take 40 minute bus journey each way (we had to wear a uniform, then a suit, and we stood out a mile). I had girls smoking behind me and tipping the ash onto my head on a crowded bus, as if to prove to themselves I was nothing special.

So I guess I learnt to fight, and believe me, there were many times when I had to fight with 2, 3 or even 4 guys my age at the same time. My elder brother went to the same school and started practicing Karate.

Ive looked on Friends Reunited, and it seems several of the people who were also bullied have been quite amazingly succsessful in their careers once they were recognised for their own talents. One is a published author, another a senior partner at a law firm.... several others I could mention but its late...

First and foremost, your son needs to defend himself - and then you and your good lady will defend him against the school if need be. I think a £50 solicitors letter to the headmaster/headmistress, copied to the LEA, asking them to detail the action they have taken against the repeated bullying of your son, detailing dates and nature of each incident, might make him / her take notice....

In many ways you need to apply your business experience to dealing with schools these days... they are just as politicised as your average messed-up company.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
        X