• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nooooo........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voron
    Playing devil's advocate, should the pm have a detailed plan to the nth degree of detail?
    No, but the point is that he has given us NO detail, not even high-level intentions! None. We know nothing of what he will do. He uses words like modernisation, which mean absolutely nothing.

You might as well vote for my neighbour Simon.

Comment

Much prefer Davis to the rest. A bit more to the right, and more
      importantly, the right sort of right. I have not seen the daft
      Christian motives in the man as there are in Fox.
      What the hell is the point of a Tory government
      if it doesn't believe in

a) small government and low taxes
      b) Incentive
      c) freedom of the individual
      d) national self determination
      e) a distinctive British culture

May as well vote for the Mad Messiah.

Of course that old chesnut "It's policies that count not the
      personality" is bilge. No point having brilliant policies
      if you can't convince anyone.

Maybe we should eradicate personality from politics so the policy is the only thing we can decide on. Radical surgery on all PM hopefuls is the answer. Turn them all into Steven Hawkins. Let them convince with ZX spectrum
      voice boxes.

If that doesn't work who cares? Drastic disabling surgery on politicans would be fun anyhow and cheer us all up.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 18 October 2005, 21:19.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        Ken Clarke is out of the Tory race!!
        Yesss!! I mean Noooo.., no wait I mean Yessss! after all.

Thank God the fat Europhiliac feck is consigned to everlasting oblivion at last!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by voron
          My money was on Clarke, Boris, Portillo and Alan Clark.
          Alan Clark's dead!

You bet on a dead man to be leader of the Conservatives? I know you want someone to stand out from the crowd, but a six year old corpse could be taking it a little too far.

Comment

Well given the list we are left with better hope its not Davis - the conservatives will slip even deeper into themselves if this happens

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
              Alan Clark's dead!

You bet on a dead man to be leader of the Conservatives? I know you want someone to stand out from the crowd, but a six year old corpse could be taking it a little too far.
              I don't see the problem. The House of Lords has been filled with corpses since 1821.

Comment

Working...
              X