• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trial start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voron
    Why not deal with you again? The contractor works for himself not the agency. Is this another example of agencies being confused with consultancies?
    I am sure he would have dealt with me again. What he was in fact saying was that he didnt want me to send in just anyone and that I needed to put in some work. He was also exerting pressure and displaying his not inconsiderable ego.

In the end I just picked the cheapest contractor and kept my fingers crossed
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

ex

Originally posted by Joe Black
      Almost exactly how CF were describing it to me. You didn't used to be one of their consultants did you Dodgy?

Actually I can understand the point of view the agent was putting forward, that it was a way for them to win business (and me a possible contract) by getting someone in the clients door ahead of any other agency, blocking their chances as he put it.

I turned it down in the end mainly because of gut feeling, to me it still didn't sound quite right.

Then again who know's, if I'd taken up the offer then at least I would know for future reference, or possibily got a nice little job to fill in with just a fews weeks after that until the new financial year.

As for CF themselves I've had a mixed experience, one bad, but then also a couple of other good contracts including one which start out as a 3 week fill-in but when the client saw my work he managed to get me on another project which lasted almost year.
      Ex Computer People me.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        Ex Computer People me.
        But, you were a lot younger then!

Comment

Computer people, didn't know they were still around...

Anyway what's your vote going to be then Dodgy?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            Computer people, didn't know they were still around...

Anyway what's your vote going to be then Dodgy?
            Its a secret

Comment

I am sure he would have dealt with me again. What he was in fact saying was that he didnt want me to send in just anyone and that I needed to put in some work. He was also exerting pressure and displaying his not inconsiderable ego.
              Yes, but that's a real risk on the client side. No offence intended, but agents are sales people; they rarely have the ability to understand what a contractor does and assess their real capability.

Could you really assess whether Joe Average's C# was top notch?

Comment

Yes, but that's a real risk on the client side. No offence intended, but agents are sales people; they rarely have the ability to understand what a contractor does and assess their real capability.

I agree Voron. Lowest risk for the Agency..Highest risk for the Contractor

Comment

You are of course correct voron. It was a toss up between the cheapest and the one with the biggest tits.

Comment

You are of course correct voron. It was a toss up between the cheapest and the one with the biggest tits.

I thought you understood selling...If you did you would most definately have sent the biggest tits....then you would have secured the contract

Comment

Working...
                    X