• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye Permie Land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 5%

Sorry then you should read the contract of employment. They paid the money and you took your choice. I'd say you are stuffed, IMHO no judge is going to side with someone paid as highly as he is who wants to break a signed contract.

Any breaches of employment laws / Health and safety etc that you can resign in disgust over?

Of course IANAL etc so it may be worth asking one.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Judge

You think they are going to drag me to court..........I have no house, nothing of real value and no savings....what they going to achieve???

They promised me a team, training and an organisation that was on the up. HR director who told me all this left three weeks later......
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
        You think they are going to drag me to court..........I have no house, nothing of real value and no savings....what they going to achieve???

They promised me a team, training and an organisation that was on the up. HR director who told me all this left three weeks later......
        To them I am senior I guess, they gave me a salary of mid 50's.......prob top 5% in the company
        You come on this forum bragging about how much money you make and you don't have a house or savings?

There's definitely a Threaded smell around here!
        Last edited by SupremeSpod; 18 September 2005, 18:35.

Comment

fek orf

Not bragging, salary is not worthy of bragging about, especially in a contracting forum, I was simply trying to get over the point of seniority, this is partly reflected in the amount of pay someone recieves.
          No savings. No house as had to sell last one as broke up with partner, i pay child maint and my wife doesnt work as we have just had a baby...so cash is tight.......
          So spod fek off with you pissy comments
          whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

My last client had a contractor start one morning and leave the same day. They made the mistake of letting him speak to a colleague and me. The company took no action. My last permie company had someone simply not turn up to work one day. After a few weeks they finally traced him. Turned out he'd simply walked into another job. They did nothing. I then left to contract, as did several other people. Not long after my manager left with a nice payment to prevent him taking legal action for bullying against his manager.

I doubt any company would do anything unless you had cost them a lot (malicious damage say) and they reckoned that they could benefit materially from the legal process. Don't forget that solicitors charges make our rates look like peanuts, and as for barristers .... eeeek. (Think £150+ per hour for a decent solicitor.) It is possible that big companies with their own solicitors might set an example of you though.

Leif

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
              There's definitely a Threaded smell around here!
              What a 'threaded smell' when it's at home?

Leif

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                What a 'threaded smell' when it's at home?

Leif
                violin is back, allo.

Comment

Well ? ......Would you ?

I just might !!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
                    Well ? ......Would you ?

I just might !!
                    been there! done that....but not got the T-Shirt! She wanted to keep it
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
                      Well ? ......Would you ?

I just might !!
                      Too young.
                      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                      X