• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

quick servey - which email client do people use at work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I used it was 5.something - even then it was brilliant - intergration with workspace and team rooms, Sametime instant messaging - Lotus Notes was doing collaboration when Bill Gates was learning to drive - I miss it
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

but your talking about Notes as the whole package as a collaboration tool - not as an email tool - for the email it sucks - the rest collaboration, Db instant messaging its ok.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

I use my own modified version of ximian evolution.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

but your talking about Notes as the whole package as a collaboration tool - not as an email tool - for the email it sucks - the rest collaboration, Db instant messaging its ok.

I think youll find the terminolgy is Groupware, mind you I have worked with/for Lotus and IBM several times before, Lotus ...a company with a great future behind it.

Which is a shame.

For whats its worth currently migrating large site from Notes to Outlook Exchange.

Which is a shame.

Probably my final contract before gracefully hanging the old boots up.

Which is music to my ears !
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 August 2005, 15:41.

Comment

done a few migrations like this - and then move the Lotus Db onto SQL - then let all the Notes servers burn and crash in Hell............(can you tell I'm not a big fan of Lotus Notes?)

SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
            X