• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "quick servey - which email client do people use at work."

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    done a few migrations like this - and then move the Lotus Db onto SQL - then let all the Notes servers burn and crash in Hell............(can you tell I'm not a big fan of Lotus Notes?)

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    but your talking about Notes as the whole package as a collaboration tool - not as an email tool - for the email it sucks - the rest collaboration, Db instant messaging its ok.

I think youll find the terminolgy is Groupware, mind you I have worked with/for Lotus and IBM several times before, Lotus ...a company with a great future behind it.

Which is a shame.

For whats its worth currently migrating large site from Notes to Outlook Exchange.

Which is a shame.

Probably my final contract before gracefully hanging the old boots up.

Which is music to my ears !
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 August 2005, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I use my own modified version of ximian evolution.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    but your talking about Notes as the whole package as a collaboration tool - not as an email tool - for the email it sucks - the rest collaboration, Db instant messaging its ok.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Last time I used it was 5.something - even then it was brilliant - intergration with workspace and team rooms, Sametime instant messaging - Lotus Notes was doing collaboration when Bill Gates was learning to drive - I miss it

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Lotus Notes rocks.
    Seriously? Which version are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Lotus Notes rocks.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Notes is awkward, annoying and has an ameturish almost 'beta' feel about it, but it does have the advantage of not using Microsofts' address book format; so popular a target for many viruses. So it's percieved (by some) to be a little more resistant to attack/exploitation.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I think it's more whats right about it......it is a Db application that and an email program added on as an after thought!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I've never used Lotus Notes. What exactly is wrong with it?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I used to support our Exchange enviroment we had approx 60 exchange servers - we migrated from Notes - but since then all the companies I have worked for have had pants Lotus Notes.

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    All Lotus products are tulipty

Don't know if this has been changed but some time ago.

Lotus smartsuite used to, by default store your files in.
    c:\program files\lotus crap\my files.

Uninstall the program and wave bye bye to your work

Also if you had a knackerd 123 file you could fix it by opening it in excel.

n5gooner - leave compaines - work with a compay that uses a real solution

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I hate Lotus Notes with a pasion....but you have to work with the tools you are given!!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    My client uses Outlook and Windows Server.

The only exception to this rule was DETR (now part of DEFRA). They used Groupwise.

Fecking public sector. Stuffing buns up their arses all day and expecting me to squeek

Leave a comment:

• quick servey - which email client do people use at work.

Outlook with Exchange
    68.18%
    Lotus Notes with Notes server
    18.18%
    Mix of the two above
    9.09%
    other
    4.55%
    which email client do people use at work - we use pants Lotus Notes with Lotus Notes servers, but I prefer Exchange and Outlook....

Working...
X