• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring Back Animated Avatars And Inline Images Poll!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size unrestricted in-line animated gifs would also be good. These could be deleted automatically after a while to prevent the server becoming full.

Comment

Scrub that storage issue, they wouldn't be stored on the CUKs server anyway.

Comment

"Bring Back Animated Avatars"

As ferret has shown, you can have animated avatars, as you have always been able.

What one user is complaining about now is the ability to have animated images in the signature.

We have never allowed this and will not allow them. As you are aware a lot of people read the forums from work sothe less obvious the better. More stuiff in sigs leads to more people putting spammy and totally unamusing stuff in signatures.

AtW's sig just about gets away with it as the thought of a CUK city is cool! The odd bit of self promotion sometimes gets through the net but most sig stuff is not big or clever so we would rather not promote the use of sigs.

If too many people start sticking rubbish in their sigs then we will stop allowing them at all.

As for inline images...

Bah Humbug.

Happy New Year to you all

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          As ferret has shown, you can have animated avatars, as you have always been able.
          Nope. They are disabled for me.
          What one user is complaining about now is the ability to have animated images in the signature.
          Sorry, I highlighted the wrong thing and was confused.

However, I cannot upload an animated GIF as my avatar. It is 80 x 60 and is 17,691 bytes and I get "You may not upload animated images." on trying to upload it as my avatar.

Sorry if I confused things.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

AtW's sig just about gets away with it as the thought of a CUK city is cool!
            Maybe it can beat Basinstoke

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              It is 80 x 60 and is 17,691 bytes and I get "You may not upload animated images."
              You could try uploading ferrets legal avatar, but don't bother I already tried it and it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                In the UserCP you will see:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB

As long as the animated gif is within these limits then you will be fine. BrilloPad and others have animated avatars?

Indeed I do - furthermore I would like to say (as I do at every oportunity) how wonderful the mods here are. This is following my experiences as a f4j forum mod whose members look positively normal relative to some of those here. All they do is climb cranes, get arrested, etcetc.

Comment

Yep, mods are very good on this forum. Certainly good to me

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Maybe it can beat Basinstoke
                    Basingstoke.

Some of the other top city names look pretty interesting though

Comment

- User CP
                      - Edit Avatar
                      - Use Custom Avatar
                      - Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
                      - select a file XT5.gif that is 60 x 40 and 6168 bytes
                      - select 'Save changes'
                      - "You may not upload animated images."
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X