• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bring Back Animated Avatars And Inline Images Poll!"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Higher quality squirrel avatars, what a great New Year present, thanks admin!
    I wilol upload my squirrel torturing avatar then...

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    <hangs head in shame>Try now</hangs head in shame>

Of course this was never broken and you were all wrong. While fixing your wrongness I may also have bumped up the size of avatars to 120 x 120 and the max file size to 30kb. But as nothing was brokent then of course I haven't actually fixed or changed anything. Uploading animated avatars may magically work again now without me actually doing anything. Try it and see how wrong you all were.

Silly me. I must have been clicking on the "Fail to upload button". You're right. Now I try again, it works.

Ta muchly for doing ... highlighting my error.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Higher quality squirrel avatars, what a great New Year present, thanks admin!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post

Of course this was never broken and you were all wrong. While fixing your wrongness I may also have bumped up the size of avatars to 120 x 120 and the max file size to 30kb. But as nothing was brokent then of course I haven't actually fixed or changed anything. Uploading animated avatars may magically work again now without me actually doing anything. Try it and see how wrong you all were.
    So ..when can we have online images back eh?... or perhaps restrict it to those with 'godlike' status (but not the newbies obviously)

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    So how come TB1 doesn't animate when used as a avatar

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    mine still works. as it always did.

clearly the stress of all the trolls has got to the mods. have a holiday - moderate the f4j forum for 2 weeks...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Yeah!!!

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    An admin after mein own heart.... .
    You are admin and I claim my 5 live mice

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I get the same error

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    - Right click on ferret's rude Mona Lisa.
    - Save a copy on my machine as mona.gif
    - User CP
    - Edit Avatar
    - Use Custom Avatar
    - Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
    - select file mona.gif that is 64 x 64 and 1935 bytes
    - select 'Save changes'
    - "You may not upload animated images."

Ergo,

You can NOT have animated avatars, although ferret (and probably other administrators) can.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    - User CP
    - Edit Avatar
    - Use Custom Avatar
    - Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
    - select a file XT5.gif that is 60 x 40 and 6168 bytes
    - select 'Save changes'
    - "You may not upload animated images."

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Maybe it can beat Basinstoke
    Basingstoke.

Some of the other top city names look pretty interesting though

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep, mods are very good on this forum. Certainly good to me

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    In the UserCP you will see:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB

As long as the animated gif is within these limits then you will be fine. BrilloPad and others have animated avatars?

Indeed I do - furthermore I would like to say (as I do at every oportunity) how wonderful the mods here are. This is following my experiences as a f4j forum mod whose members look positively normal relative to some of those here. All they do is climb cranes, get arrested, etcetc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X