Is this the best Tripadvisor response?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Wilmslow is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,201
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    12
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    33
    Last edited by Wilmslow; 12th October 2017 at 12:14.

  2. #2

    Should post faster

    tiggat is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    122
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    The best tripadvisor review I ever read was about some nightclub near me that caught fire on NYE, someone reviewed it, whilst it was burning, giving it 1* saying "everything's on fire one star."

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,277
    Thanks (Given)
    137
    Thanks (Received)
    1360
    Likes (Given)
    1732
    Likes (Received)
    5827

    Default

    1 out of 5 stars.
    tulip thread.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    7,282
    Thanks (Given)
    979
    Thanks (Received)
    496
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    2018

    Default

    Well that's what happens when you employ Brillo in the hospitality industry. Here is an example of how to respond graciously to a bad review:

    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...n_England.html
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,277
    Thanks (Given)
    137
    Thanks (Received)
    1360
    Likes (Given)
    1732
    Likes (Received)
    5827

    Default

    Alex Polizzi says KUATB

    She was also concerned at Mr Humberstone’s robust replies to negative comments on the hotel review website Tripadvisor.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Mordac - scorchio!

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    5,674
    Thanks (Given)
    79
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Likes (Given)
    611
    Likes (Received)
    1144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Well that's what happens when you employ Brillo in the hospitality industry. Here is an example of how to respond graciously to a bad review:

    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...n_England.html
    The worst thing is that when I quoted the client, I forgot about expenses so had to pay for it myself.
    I don't know what's more tragic. Scooty screwing up on the numbers (although he's demonstrated on more than one occasion he's more than capable of being troubled by almost everything numerical) or carving it in stone on t'internet, signed an' all, for the rest of posterity. Poor laddie, he goes to the Thistle expecting a taste of home, and boy, they gave him a taste of home alright...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #7

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad is always on top

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Littering gel wrappers in Surrey
    Posts
    95,894
    Thanks (Given)
    20585
    Thanks (Received)
    5297
    Likes (Given)
    20585
    Likes (Received)
    9202

    Default

    I agree with reply to review 1. However the response to replies 2 and 3 just ignore the complaint.
    Katy Perry - don't be afraid to catch feels. Taylor Swift - feels $1 a go.

  8. #8

    crap ex-mod

    MarillionFan - scorchio!

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    34,920
    Thanks (Given)
    48
    Thanks (Received)
    523
    Likes (Given)
    268
    Likes (Received)
    2163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    1 out of 5 stars.
    tulip thread.
    WHS

    This OP has gone seriously down over the years. From being slightly amusing a few years ago, subsequent visits have been very unsatisfactory to the point of dullness. This poor service can be compared to Gricer or Pig in a Poke while poor have a slightly better offering.

    I do not recommend , much better sockies to waste your time on.

    1 out of 5
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  9. #9

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    27,002
    Thanks (Given)
    1283
    Thanks (Received)
    1032
    Likes (Given)
    4390
    Likes (Received)
    3955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS

    This OP has gone seriously down over the years. From being slightly amusing a few years ago, subsequent visits have been very unsatisfactory to the point of dullness. This poor service can be compared to Gricer or Pig in a Poke while poor have a slightly better offering.

    I do not recommend , much better sockies to waste your time on.

    1 out of 5
    Well since you are the sockie master you should know
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #10

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk - scorchio!

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    7,282
    Thanks (Given)
    979
    Thanks (Received)
    496
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    2018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    I don't know what's more tragic. Scooty screwing up on the numbers (although he's demonstrated on more than one occasion he's more than capable of being troubled by almost everything numerical) or carving it in stone on t'internet, signed an' all, for the rest of posterity. Poor laddie, he goes to the Thistle expecting a taste of home, and boy, they gave him a taste of home alright...
    To be fair to the Thistle, most hotels keep aside what is termed in the trade, 'The Scooter Suite', in case they unexpectedly receive an unwelcome guest.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.