• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Brexit economic news is....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 amendments tabled for the great Brexit repeal bill

That's parliamentary speak for

F*** off

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      300 amendments tabled for the great Brexit repeal bill

That's parliamentary speak for

F*** off

About time the EU was told to f**k off.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Keep following the rainbow Shortboy. Everyone needs a dream.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Everyone needs a dream.
          Not those of us whose reality is just fine.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            About time the EU was told to f**k off.
            Indeed that is the only option now available:

Brussels is just not willing to negotiate – we should walk away | Frederick Forsyth | Columnists | Comment | Express.co.uk

It is now perfectly plain that the EU, in the form of Barnier, Juncker, Verhofstadt and the rest, intend to offer us nothing but the option of our capitulation and humiliation.
            oh dear....
            deary me
            deary deary me
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Believing what you read in the Express?

Nurse!

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                You're wasting your time. Brexiteers I've spoken to recently don't take any notice of all the stuff being discussed here. They have a hazy vision of a wonderful world at the end of the rainbow. That's why they voted and they haven't been deflected by all the recent machinations. Near-term problems are just minor setbacks on the golden road to a rosy future where everybody is happy and nobody tells you what to do.
                Sure and I think your right for some sectors , but as i am bored I decided to try and understand the rationale.

It varies between people who voted to leave as there life is sh!t and even if Brexit is a big failure so what, to those who do genuinely believe that we will be better off.

I also did some blogging on a US site as well and from what I can tell it seems like the USA would not be that interested in a UK without Europe. Most of the responses there suggested that there is no special relationship, the US population has changed so much over the last 20 years , and if UK pulled out of EU then enough EU countries now speak English that they predict a lot of company relocations , one or two admitted that their company was now making plans to move out.

Relaying this to people in the UK I got a very aggressive response, most thought good riddance and some said that would actually be good for Britain so not sure the special relationship exist here either.

Not going to bore you with all of the reactions and counter reactions from what I have done to date, but it has been very interesting and if I was to sum it up I would say that it all boils down to education and what you can make people believe.

Asking if being in the EU which is a complex question, and I am not patronising people here there are just so many different aspects from distribution of Atomic materials to interest rates and trade that even a rocket scientist would have been hard pressed to work out the pro's and con's to a country of more than 60 million, so the actual question of EU membership for the UK was pretty flawed from the start.
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                  Not going to bore you
                  Yes you are....................
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Believing what you read in the Express?

Nurse!
                    A million brexiters did
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Labour suggests voters now regret Brexit

Ever more remoaners sitting under their tables at home with paper bags over their heads, saying "woe is me".

oh dear
                      deary me
                      deary deary me
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X