• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit - where is my sack cloth?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It's in the Graun, so there must be a catch...
    The report does appear to be from a right wing think tank.

Maybe Trump has hacked the Guardian website? Bourne3 on steroids....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      It's in the Graun, so there must be a catch...
      Seriously? You're too thick to distinguish between the news and the medium reporting it?
      Shouldn't really surprise me I suppose.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Seriously? You're too thick to distinguish between the news and the medium reporting it?
        Shouldn't really surprise me I suppose.
        Newspapers now rely on mediums to report the news?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          I think the Mail and Express do. The lies they invent may as well come from nutters:

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online

Here are the facts, in 2012 when that article was written, Germany (obviously), SPain and France all made more cars than the UK:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cle_production

What's the point of this blatant lie? Is it poor fact checking? Should freedom of the press mean facts are ignored?
          Last edited by sasguru; 18 August 2017, 10:44.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I think the Mail and Express do. The lies they invent may as well come from nutters:

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online

Here are the facts, in 2012 when that article was written, Germany (obviously), SPain and France all made more cars than the UK:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cle_production

What's the point of this blatant lie? Is it poor fact checking? Should freedom of the press mean facts are ignored?
            I gave up taking things at face value when The Observer said at least 300K people were probably going to die from BSE. John Gummer and his kid stuffed with donkey burgers won a hollow victory.

Comment

Errm... From the article [emphasis mine]:

Leaving the European Union without a deal in place would not spell disaster for the UK economy, according to a free market thinktank advocating trade with the rest of the world over a “hamstrung” deal with Brussels.
              This is equivalent to:

"Mercedes Benz cars are officially the best in the world" according to Mercedes Benz.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                They do now their readers are the Brain dead like SAS!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  "Mercedes Benz cars are officially the best in the world" according to Mercedes Benz.:
                  Not in the UK. They will be banned soon along with all other foreign cars. Buy British.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Not in the UK. They will be banned soon along with all other foreign cars. Buy British.
                    Yes, sir. right away.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...cs-everything/
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X