• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Tower Block Inferno

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Pehaps she'll offer to house the displaced...

... and then do nothing.
    Does she need to offer to house them personally? The UK can afford to rehouse them out of public expenditure, so as long as she pays her taxes, she's playing he part in rehousing them.

Mind you, I don't understand why she would be on Newsnight.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

She was on the cricket the other day

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Pehaps she'll offer to house the displaced...

... and then do nothing.
        Cynic!

I'm looking forward to JezzyBull & Gerroff offering their houses out.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Generally I get upset at so called celebrities interfering in politics.

In this case I will make an exception.

Mind you, nothing will change.

Comment

Does she need to offer to house them personally? The UK can afford to rehouse them out of public expenditure, so as long as she pays her taxes, she's playing he part in rehousing them.

Allen has a history of what is known as 'action and words':

Lily Allen: 'I would take in a refugee' - BBC

Comment

It is normal for the insurance policy to cover immediate temporary housing even if it is in a hotel.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Its not just the Tories

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/380653...fell-tower-5k/

COULD £5K HAVE SAVED THEM? ‘Deathtrap’ cladding on Grenfell Tower is BANNED in the US and it’s claimed the fire-proof version would have only added £5,000 to £8.6m refurb
                https://stv.tv/news/features/1391320...ch-back-years/

The Irvine blaze led Westminster's environment, transport and regional affairs committee to carry out an inquiry in 2000.

The committee looked into the potential risk of fire spread in buildings through external cladding systems, calling 14 witnesses.

Its final report concluded: "We do not believe it should take a serious fire in which many people are killed before all reasonable steps are taken towards minimising the risks.

"We believe that all external cladding systems should be required either to be entirely non-combustible or to be proven through full-scale testing not to pose an unacceptable level of risk in terms of fire spread."

Just in case real newspapers

Grenfell Tower fire: Cladding used on block 'was banned in US' | The Independent

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  It is normal for the insurance policy to cover immediate temporary housing even if it is in a hotel.
                  assuming they have insurance.

Comment

For anyone interested:

BRE Group: External Fire Spread

Comment

There was a chance to end tower block fires in 2009 - we missed it

Comment

Working...
                      X