• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes and if treatment Guidelines (from NICE's objective above allow them to advise on Medicines & prescribing) suggest that aspirin should not be prescribed by GPs except in exceptional circumstances the patient should buy their own with advice from the doctor then there is no need to procure so many.

You know these two can work together?
    NICE guidelines state what medicines should be taken for a given condition/illness but don't say who pays for them.

So I take drugs for conditions as per the NICE guidelines but I pay for some of them as my CCG won't prescribed them or because it's cheaper for me to buy them then pay for a prescription.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is the
      independent organisation responsible for providing national guidance
      and quality standards on the promotion of good health, the prevention
      and treatment of ill health, and social care; advice on medicines and
      prescribing
      ; and indicators for the Quality and Outcomes Framework
      (QOF) for GP services and the Clinical Commissioning Group
      Outcomes Indicator Set (CCGOIS).

NICE's words .
      Advice doesn't equal NHS prescribing staff always gives you a prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        NICE say

Aspirin should only be prescribed for X ailments in other situations GPs may recommend the drug but the NHS will not prescribe as they are available for low cost over the counter.

That seems totally in their remit, net result = fewer free prescriptions, less procurement.

Same can be done with Toothpaste & Sun screen.

Not sure why I have to spell it out for AssSnob.

I know why NLYUK is worried, don't be the prescription for Syphilis will still be free.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

GPs / doctors / consultants decide to prescribe dependant on NICE guidelines.
          Pharmacy staff are irrelevant in this case.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Scrapping of prescribed gluten free food for coeliacs will be tough on coeliacs on low incomes. It is intellectually dishonest to say that because:

..and to then draw the conclusion that all gluten free product prescribing should end.

Oxfordshire CCG took the decision in 2012 to restrict prescriptions to bread and flour only: http://consult.oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk...nsultationHome
            How is it all these allergies have suddenly popped up in the last few years, when one never heard of them before that?

I reckon most of the time it is just a self-indulgent affectation, like vegetarianism, to make the "sufferers" feel different and special.

So yes, they should damned well pay for their (probably futile and unnecessary) diets and medicines.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

GPs / doctors / consultants decide to prescribe dependant on NICE guidelines.
              Pharmacy staff are irrelevant in this case.
              Nurse practitioners also prescribe.

Pharmacists are relevant as if you pay for your prescriptions they check whether the medication is not POM and see if you can buy it cheaper off prescription in the quantity you need.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                How is it all these allergies have suddenly popped up in the last few years, when one never heard of them before that?

I reckon most of the time it is just a self-indulgent affectation, like vegetarianism, to make the "sufferers" feel different and special.

So yes, they should damned well pay for their (probably futile and unnecessary) diets and medicines.
                Could not agree more.

Comment

Coeliac disease isn't an allergy. If you don't believe in it, that wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

I think one of nephews' and one of my sisters' would prefer not to walk around with epipens and antihistamines but then again they are just making up peanuts could kill them.

Comment

I think one of nephews' and one of my sisters' would prefer not to walk around with epipens and antihistamines but then again they are just making up peanuts could kill them.
                      It's interesting and scary that those who display the most dumb ignorance are also Brexiteers.

Comment

Working...
                      X