• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Greatest Record Album

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a whole two generations now who've lost the art of dropping the stylus on the lead-in gap between tracks....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      There's a whole two generations now who've lost the art of dropping the stylus on the lead-in gap between tracks....
      Talking of which, I once had a vinyl copy of Monty Python's Matching Tie and Handkerchief. Depending on where you placed the stylus, it would play different sketches.
      Only on one side of the album as I recall.
      Bit bizarre but true nonetheless, I tulip you not!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Talking of which, I once had a vinyl copy of Monty Python's Matching Tie and Handkerchief. Depending on where you placed the stylus, it would play different sketches.
        I had that record too!

Multisided record - Wikipedia

Comment

Yup - I got that one too! It was simply two spirals, intertwined!

I have almost all ABBA and ABBA members Swedish releases including one with a colour poster of Agnetha - Corrr!!

I've got some LP's of recordings of steam engines, how sad is that? 'Big Bertha' - the famed Midland Railway 0-10-0 Lickey Banker, an LMS Garratt, some Coronation Class Pacifics.

No I'm not Gricerboy's sockie....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Yup - I got that one too! It was simply two spirals, intertwined!.
            A record with 3 sides. I was quite impressed with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Aye, the best I ever bought just wish I had bought two and only opened one. MP3 downloads these days, pfft
              It was years before I realised what the actual cover of WYWH looked like.

I thought it was a new record.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Who's that?
                Warp20 Box Set

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                And that goes for CDs and a;ll the other crap that has been offered up as formats over the years.

Vinyl was top draw whether you play it on a Technics 1210 or a Linn Sondek
                First time I have not heard it called an LP12

The Warp20 box set has one record that plays different continual loops.

As for two generations not knowing vinyl. Swing down to Hoxton and say that out loud. They will drown you in craft beer (aka beer).

Comment

Bought a copy of this from a second hand record shop & found the best part of a 'teenth inside

Believe me, I needed it to listen to that.....

Comment

DSOM

Lost the record in a move around 1987. Bought it on CD ten years later - still amazing.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      Warp20 Box Set

First time I have not heard it called an LP12

The Warp20 box set has one record that plays different continual loops.

As for two generations not knowing vinyl. Swing down to Hoxton and say that out loud. They will drown you in craft beer (aka beer).

Ah, that's because it wasn't mine it was a mates brothers. Funny thing was he has a huge punk collection and we used to sneak in and play them on the Linn.

The biggest vinyl collection I have seen numbered 80,000 around 15 years ago, god knows what size it is now.
                      It filled a whole shipping container to get it over to NZ where my mate currently lives.

That collection had absolutely everything, sometimes we would literally party for days as my mate played through parts it.

I know, for a fact he would have your Warp collection, we were very closely linked with DiY and other artists that bought stuff out on Warp.
                      Amazing DJ too, used to command good money back in the day.

Luckily we were a lot younger and had a lot more energy during those days
                      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 24 February 2017, 09:37.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X