• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More n00b questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harvy View Post
    Thanks for the info; out of interest what is your hit rate cv/interview/job if you don't mind? What job boards do you use?
    You've posted in the Welcome/FAQ so will have seen the sticky on how to search the forums. Try using that method to search for your answers first before asking the question. The basics ones have been done ad infinitum.

Also make sure you've read the newbie guides to the right and done a bit of googling first.. ---->
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info; out of interest what is your hit rate cv/interview/job if you don't mind? What job boards do you use?
      All of them.

100% if I get the interview I get the contract

Comment

Most of my stuff is non-agency (or direct for want of a better term). LinkedIn seems to be the current flavour of the month, hit rate is about 75-80% of roles I'm interested in. Rates can vary but with no agency involvement and a sure-fire IR35 pass, there are some swings, but also a few roundabouts.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Does anybody bother registering with agencies..?
          Absolutely....

Comment

I always send out an email to a number agents I've dealt with in the past.

Usually get a number of bites from that.

Comment

Working...
            X