+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 181
  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32,332
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    160
    Likes (Given)
    101
    Likes (Received)
    510

    Default Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

    1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
    2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
    3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
    5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
    6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    MrMarkyMark - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks (Given)
    579
    Thanks (Received)
    492
    Likes (Given)
    3862
    Likes (Received)
    2230

    Default

    FTFY

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards a ponzi scheme, based, housing market, money laundering and we are also weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g.

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,455
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    269
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    1210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
    2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
    3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
    5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
    6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.
    I think the best decision you ever made was to leave CUK
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    stek is NOT a disguised employee

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    10,475
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    203
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    1299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
    2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
    3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
    5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
    6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.
    Blimey, I like the new SAS, I agree with this 100%......

  5. #5

    Super poster

    PurpleGorilla is NOT a disguised employee

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,191
    Thanks (Given)
    332
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Likes (Given)
    2075
    Likes (Received)
    821

    Default

    The EU will break up if the UK leaves.

    It's the 2nd biggest economy in Europe.

  6. #6
    2uk
    2uk is offline

    Banned

    2uk is too good to be a permie

    2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
    2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
    3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
    5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
    6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.

    Too late bro. UK shall stand alone

  7. #7
    2uk
    2uk is offline

    Banned

    2uk is too good to be a permie

    2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    The EU will break up if the UK leaves.

    It's the 2nd biggest economy in Europe.
    That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.

  8. #8
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW - scorchio!

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    44,496
    Thanks (Given)
    664
    Thanks (Received)
    404
    Likes (Given)
    4465
    Likes (Received)
    1737

    Default

    Well, that settles that then.

    I think referendum should be cancelled to save money.

  9. #9

    Super poster

    PurpleGorilla is NOT a disguised employee

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,191
    Thanks (Given)
    332
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Likes (Given)
    2075
    Likes (Received)
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2uk View Post
    That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.
    No.

    The Eurozone is very fragile.

    The EU is also fragile, with other nations interested to see how the UK votes.

    If you were to give the EU a bill of health you would say very fragile, likely to suffer from external shocks.

    So cutting off an arm, and septic shock will set in.

  10. #10

    Godlike

    MrMarkyMark - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks (Given)
    579
    Thanks (Received)
    492
    Likes (Given)
    3862
    Likes (Received)
    2230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2uk View Post
    That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.
    Pics, or it didn't happen, we cater for all tastes on here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.