• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earliest call from an agent??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Had a phone call at 7:20am asking me to join a phone interview at 8:30.

India is obviously very much awake.

Anyone had an earlier call, or an interview with less notice??

05:30 "Lord Sugar would like to see you in 10 minutes. Bring lube for Karren."

Never had a really early one, but have had agents phone me at 9.30 at night
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Had a phone call at 7:20am asking me to join a phone interview at 8:30.

India is obviously very much awake.
      Sounds like a project in trouble, total train wreck etc.

I had one call at 11PM, once, I said to him "Do you know what fookin' time it is" click... brrrrrrrrrr..
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Sounds like a project in trouble, total train wreck etc.

I had one call at 11PM, once, I said to him "Do you know what fookin' time it is" click... brrrrrrrrrr..
        Do you really said that!
        Last edited by Bee; 11 December 2015, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          Do you realy said that!
          Yes, I most certainly did, especially as it was the weekend too.

In my experience this sort of agent behavior is usually performed by the biggest chancers, in any case.
          Usually a total waste of time.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I applied to join PIMCO. 15 interviews including a couple at 11pm at night(West Coast time zone) and 2 at their London office.

I liked the role as you get told your expected bonus at the start of the year!

I was told I was a definite for the role. One "rubber stamping" final 10 minute interview with PIMCO board member(not Bill Gross!). He keeps asking me about stuff that happened 20 years ago!

I then got rejected for not being a forward thinking person!

Its a lesson I should have learned a long while ago. When stuff goes wrong, its time to cut your losses and walk away. When the 11pm interviews came I should have said no. Hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I applied to join PIMCO. 15 interviews including a couple at 11pm at night(West Coast time zone) and 2 at their London office.
              Are you sure they weren't just trying to bore you to death
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Are you sure they weren't just trying to bore you to death
                Generally they like to spread the blame. I have seen plenty of cases where people pass 15 interviews then sacked after a few months. One particular one springs to mind - a very poor project manager at Chase Bank. Lasted 6 months. Started with 30 staff and had 6 when sacked. Turns out his previous role was doing software for Benetton F1 team. His mistake cost them a race!

Comment

Generally they like to spread the blame. I have seen plenty of cases where people pass 15 interviews then sacked after a few months. One particular one springs to mind - a very poor project manager at Chase Bank. Lasted 6 months. Started with 30 staff and had 6 when sacked. Turns out his previous role was doing software for Benetton F1 team. His mistake cost them a race!
                  I never fail to be staggered by the large volume of useless twunts out there
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I never fail to be staggered by the large volume of useless twunts out there
                    True true. But it is good news! How else do you measure how good you are?

Comment

True true. But it is good news! How else do you measure how good you are?
                      Very true
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X