• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Is it not more likely that short term project based work will be outsourced to consultancies, ICT'ing bobs into every available role ?
    Not sure which cave were you living in but this is already happening

Comment

Do you really believe that the freelance contractor will be replaced by freelance contractors getting perm offers ??????

Is it not more likely that short term project based work will be outsourced to consultancies, ICT'ing bobs into every available role ?
      It isn't worth arguing with doohg. He has this weird compulsion to try and defend the "official line" on everything.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        It isn't worth arguing with doohg. He has this weird compulsion to try and defend the "official line" on everything.
        Nothing is official until AtW declares it, apparently

Comment

True, I should really know better, but it is a slow day
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

which bright spark came up with this idea of max 30 days contract ?
            In most places it takes 30 days to get logins.

Comment

Do you really believe that the freelance contractor will be replaced by freelance contractors getting perm offers ??????
              No, I believe the ex-contractors will have to get perm jobs. Since we're all so much better than the permies, we'll be snapped up!

I haven't defended anything. We don't even have an official line and nowhere have I shown ANY support for this make-believe proposal.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                which bright spark came up with this idea of max 30 days contract ?
                In most places it takes 30 days to get logins.
                Imagine how long it can take in a public sector role
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  No, I believe the ex-contractors will have to get perm jobs. Since we're all so much better than the permies, we'll be snapped up!
                  Yes, clients are going to instantly want a hundred thousand extra perm staff in April.....
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Yes, clients are going to instantly want a hundred thousand extra perm staff in April.....
                    Yes, we're all going to be instantly out of contracts on April 6. In this make-believe scenario, contractors ending contracts between the announcement and April will start looking for permie jobs, and those in contracts would be fine until their contracts end. And even then, we're used to (or at least preared to) waiting months for a new gig.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Here's a novel idea. You could do the same job as a permie for the same wage while getting all the benefits; pension, holidays, job security.

I think this is called "being a permie"? I've heard quite a few people manage to make ends meet that way.
                      I'm not remotely interested in doing the same job as a permie personally, because I'm far more useful and worth what I charge.
                      I've never been a permie, ever. I've been self-employed all my working life. Why? I have pride, a work ethic and a genius level IQ.

Oh, and is it just me, or are you a dick?
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X